Daikin AC Integration BRP069C4x

Hello, did you find the solution about your problem, because I have the same think… :confused:

Hi @weado

I used the link you provided :slight_smile: and it works perfect!

And your issue captcha gone ?

Yes. Did even re-add it last night as I did a full clean re-install of my HA. Installed the HACS integration, then went to HA integration, installed it, username & password - done!

OK, thank you. And how did you write your credential in your configuration file : With quotes ? (Because I have an other issue now :confused: :

Put nothing in the configuration.yaml !
Only use email and password in the HA->Integrations-> Daikin Residential integration when it asks for it.

@rospogrigio It seems like you’ve managed to build a solid solution for Daikin Residental. What do you say should we try to integrate it into the main Daikin integration?

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more!

What would be the benefit of combining these two? As far as I understand, they work completely differently, so the only thing they would share is the name. Not to mention that the integrations are tagged with an “IoT class”. For the regular Daikin integration it is “local polling”, while for this one it would probably be “cloud polling”. What would you use for one that combines two separate integrations? Why not simply have two separate integrations, one for the local access and one for the cloud access?

Yeah, I quite agree with @Qoobs , the two integrations are working on different environments, one works on local network and one is cloud based. Also, my integration is for some aspects some sort of a hack, and I am not even sure whether it works an all areas (I mean, it works for sure for EU, but I’m not sure if also US or Japan users can make it work since one of the URLs used to get the token has the “.be” domain).
On top of that, it’s still not universal enough since most users tried to use it for Altherma heat pumps but failed. I know that somebody made a fork and managed to add Altherma support but it would be nice to merge it and have a unique integration (never had the time).
So… I’m a bit skeptical that merging the integrations would make any sense.

Ciao Rospogrigio, I use your integration from the beginning and never had a problem with it, so a big grazie for your work.
Just a little “cosmetical” question: could you stick the Daikin logo in your integration so that it will appear in the integraion page…Schermata 2022-04-13 alle 17.47.56
It’s a pity to have such a great integration appearing so anonymous.
Grazie ancora per il tuo lavoro.

Would love but… I just can’t. This is because mine is not an official integration. The logo can’t be put there by developers, I could submit the repository to be included in HACS and then I could upload a logo but since it’s not official, it can’t be the “official” Daikin logo (I already passed through this with my other integration, LocalTuya).
Thank you for the compliments, I’m glad to have made a good service for a lot of users :wink:

2 Likes

Yes, you are right. It is better to keep it as it is.

Just had an vision of making pydaikin universal for “all” Daikin models.

Ah ok…I understand…nevermind, the importat thing is that is working like a charm…
Saluti

Hi everybody, and thanks @rospogrigio for your job.
Does anybody know if the integration works with modules BRP069A43 and BRP069A42?
Those are the ones compatible with my air conditioners.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Best regards,

José

Just wanted to add more details regarding my situation and local API availability on the AZAI wifi modules. I found this information in another thread:

Hi folks! I finally came to the solution after some thorough reading of Daikin’s support documentation. In short, AZAI6WSCDKA and AZAI6WSDKB do not support local connections at all - they are only able to connect through Daikin’s cloud services. Only the AZAI6WSPDKC supports local connections via port 3000, and I’m happy to report that I have purchased it and successfully connected it! Any Daikin hardware must be “DKN plus” in order to have a local connection.

I personally have the “B” model and it definitely does not support a local API server.

I would consider buying the “C” model, but the form factor is bigger with ports sticking out. I barely got the “B” model to fit under the mini-split cover – I’m sure the “C” wouldn’t fit. And since this is for an Airbnb, I don’t want unsightly wires and modules on the wall next to my units.

So for now, I don’t have a good solution. I can go with the “C” modules, but then have an aesthetics problem. I can stick with “B”, but without an HA cloud integration, I’m stuck using the DKN Cloud NA app and can’t do HA control/automations. If only I could find a source that actually has the old BRP modules in stock.

Hi,

I can’t seem to login, this is the full error:

Logger: custom_components.daikin_residential.config_flow
Source: custom_components/daikin_residential/config_flow.py:58
Integration: Daikin Residential Controller ([documentation](https://github.com/rospogrigio/daikin_residential/), [issues](https://github.com/rospogrigio/daikin_residential/issues))
First occurred: 10:52:27 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:52:27
Failed to retrieve Access Token: ('Error trying to extract API version: %s', SSLError(MaxRetryError("HTTPSConnectionPool(host='cdns.gigya.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /js/gigya.js?apiKey=3_xRB3jaQ62bVjqXU1omaEsPDVYC0Twi1zfq1zHPu_5HFT0zWkDvZJS97Yw1loJnTm (Caused by SSLError(SSLCertVerificationError(1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:1129)')))")))

It looks like there’s some SSL problem, but the certificate of cdns.gigya.com seems OK to me. In the meantime, while this issue is investigated further, is there any way to bypass SSL verification, as I can check it by myself and see that it is okay to continue even if the software isn’t able to?

Hello everyone,

I have read this thread and I am glad to see that for a year or so, there is a custom integration which allow to connect HA to the latest Daikin units.

Before, I make the step and buy my own AC unit, I would like to have some feedback from those who use the custom integration daily.

How is your experience so far ? Does it work flawlessly ? Or is it more a hack which offer a ok-ish/poor user experience ?
If given the choice, would you buy Daikin again or would you go for a brand which offer a better integration ?

Thank you for your help.

Works flowless. I now use it everyday so no problem :slight_smile:
I would buy the daikin again because it works fine!

Same here. Works flawless.
Even extended my system with 3 more Daikins and a fourth one coming up (total of 7 then).

Only downside - as is typical with a cloud based integration - no internet means no access to them (not directly, not via automation, …).
But that’s not the fault of the plugin, but the fact that Daikin no longer offers local API on the newer models.

So really great work done on this by the maker!