Daikin AC Integration BRP069C4x

I confirm that the airco unit and the integration are working after the firmware upgrade from 1_14_68 to 1_14_78. I have 4 units, no problems detected.

1 Like

Has anybody upgraded their units on the latest firmware v1.23.0 and can verify that the integration still works, please?

Ive got 2 Daikin ACs…
One running the old: 1_12_84 FW
The other one is running the new FW: 1_23_0

BOTH are working perfect.

2 Likes

Thanks for confirming. I guess as long as the integration is using the cloud api there’s nothing to worry about.

Thank you.

@Skye Not necessarily… Daikin can always push breaking changes and the best time to do it would be with a firmware upgrade to support the changes.

Anyway, happy to know that nothing’s broken.

Hi guys, I have the same problem.
I have 4 splits, 2 of them are new with built-in wifi adapters that work fine in Onecta.
The other 2 are old ones with BRP069B41’s running 1_14_78 firmware version. These 2 go offline/online randomly very often in Onecta.

Can you please help me understand how to solve the issue?
I’m not a programmer so I would need some kind of step-by-step help if someone has the time to help me.

Thanks in advance!!

Are these Stylish FTXA devices?

BRP069B41 is the wi-fi adapter itself. From 42 to 45 are different kits and therefore all include BRP069B41 in it. Some just have shorter cable for installation in the indoor unit (45), some have additional PCB for retrofitting small (20-25) units that don’t have S21 on their main board (43). In general all are BRP069B41, some have additional stuff included intended for specific models installation.

Of course you need the adapter cable as S21 connector on Perfera model with built in wifi differs in size from the previous models connector.

New models lower than Perfers (Comfora, Sensira) don’t have anymore S21 connector onboard PCB.
On new Perfera and higher model S21 is intended for wired control indeed.

How do I get access to the S21 connector on a Perfera unit?

Should remove the front panel and the metal cover to the PCB beneath. I have floor mounted one and S21 connector is next to the blue one

1 Like

Does anyone know if the ururu sarara has the S21 port? I’m looking at making the faikin referenced earlier in the thread if it has one.

Does anyone know what type of connector is the S21 port and the pinout ? Thanks

source → GitHub - joshbenner/esphome-daikin-s21: ESPHome Component for Daikin Mini-Splits using the S21 serial port.

2 Likes

If they didn’t change anything recently there should be S21 connector on internal PCB

1 Like

I have connected today B-series wi-fi adapter to my new Perfera floor standing AC (using EKRS21 transition cable). It works without any problem in Daikin’s own Onecta app and also in HA using the official integration. Only one issue discovered - when connected to Onecta by the C-series adapter “Floor Warming” swing mode is available but when connected through B-series adapter this “Floor Warming” swing mode is missing. Respectively there is no such mode in official integration as well - there are Horizontal, Vertical and 3D modes beside Off.

What worries my mind now is if absence in Onecta is due to the older type adapter or by the adapter and the app in combination. And further thinking on it - even if it’s not available in Onecta can it be listed in HA (official) integration. So can I ask if someone is using floor standing Perfera with C-series adapter and this custom integration - is this “Floor Warming” mode is available in HA through it?

Hello. I am using the integration fo1 year now with no problems and my controller is the brp069c and when I update to the 2023.6.2 the controller can not find the devices. I used a backup and again worked fine. Does anyone know any problems why is that with 2023.6 version?

There is a breaking change with 2023.6 :frowning:

Hey,

There was an update made available for 2023.6 branch that is working fine for me!

Daer admin, I’m using HA 2023.6.2, Daikin AC plugin is broken.
Error setting up entry 192.168.0.4 for daikin.
hope if anyone can help to look into the possible solution.
Thank you very much

damn i have three old daikin FTXS35G and i made ir controllers to use them remotely, i never thought i could REALLY take them to the smart world… i checked and i have the S21 connector, i fear i’ll have to create a ESP8266mini based controller :slight_smile: any of you tried connecting directly the VCC pin to the Vin of the ESP8266 or it’s too high? i’ve not sensed it (yet…)
Do you also know the list of UART commands that can be used?
THANKS!

Edit to add: ok my split outputs something around 14.5V, so i added a mp1584en step down and let’s see when i find some time to read something from the serial :slight_smile: