Daikin Air - Zena with built in wifi - anyone sucessfully integrate?

Hi folks,

I’m in Australia. Just had a 5kw Daikin Zena FTXJ50T-K installed.

I have it connected to my wifi, no issues - I can control it via the Daikin ‘Mobile Controller’ app.

The unit is connected via it’s own internal wifi adapter - not the external BRP072A42 spoken of here.

Using the ‘Daikin AC’ integration doesn’t get me very far. I’ve looked at a few other threads but I can’t grasp a solid “try this” from those discussions…

There only seems to be a https port open - and nothing responding at that url.

I’m just looking for a tip off so I can get moving. Anyone have any solid leads?

Thanks folks!

Brendan

1 Like

Hi Brendan, same issue here! Did you manage to find a solution?

Regards, Boris

Very curious if anyone got this to work as well. Personally I ended up going the IR way using a broadlink and smartIR component. Gives me full control (almost) but with the main difference that it’s just a one-way and no way to get the status back from the Aircon if you change it manually.
That said, I did end up installing a xiaomi door sensor on it and tied this into smartIR which at least tells home assistant when it’s on.

If anyone has gotten the wifi to work, that would still be my prefered choice.

Integrated Zena with HA successfully, you only need IP and KEY to make it work, put KEY value on the sticker into API KEY and leave password blank