Daikin BRP072C42 WIFI custom component

Unfortantly thats not the model I have and it doesnt list the model number on the sticker which makes it much harder to point you somewhere.

As the main component’s developer @fredrike may recognise the model and give some guidance.

Although I’m not sure why my Home Assistant says Daikin AC and yours just says Daikin. This may just be a translation difference but just to make sure are you running the latest version of Home Assistant (0.112.0)?

I see, got it.

Is it somehow possible to find the model number somewhere on the device?

The unit I bought is: Daikin Stylish

It says the inside unit code is: FTXTA30

Hey Guys. I finally moved to 0.113.2 and removed the old custom component and added both my units via the integration. I have 2x BRP072C42 wi-fi modules. The integration instructions say you need both the API Key and password and it threw me off. The instructions should say “KEY” is required and leave password blank as I found out from @flatstrap . After that everything went smoothly. Also bummer my more expensive US7 model doesn’t show power comsumption stats but my cheaper CORA model does. Any who keep up the great work @fredrike this is still a awesome addition to home assistant.

1 Like

Hi there, I have two new Daicin AC´s. Each equipped with a wifi-module BRP069B45 - which is in fact an updated BRP069B41 - with the latest firmware. I can access them via my iPhone and the Daicin App. This works fine. But I fail to connect hassio (114) with the two aircon´s. In the integration page I do have two entries and there the IP´s are shown correct. When I enter the 13 digit Key in the Authentification field I do get an “unexcepted error” immediately. Looks like something is missing. When I enter the key as well in the password field. It takes a few seconds until I do get the same message.
Any idea what I can do?

I think this development has caused the older models to stop working.
I have the european model brp069b41 which worked fine before, but does not anymore.

Basically it seems to be trying to connect to port 443 of the device while older models connect to the device via port 80 I think.

Error goes in the line of what @moorey81 seems to be saying.

Cannot connect to host 192.168.1.20:443 ssl:False

It seems to also be using a “daikin_brp072c.py” file which I suppose is not correct.

Regards, Stefan

Perhaps am I having the same problem?
I have an error on 443 port
Here the discussion

Thanks

Yes, this looks to be exactly the same problem I have.
In your case the system seems to be calling also this “daikin_brp072c.py” file which probably is not the correct one to use.

Now that I had a bit of time I have downloaded 0.113.1 and changed the “daikin” component to a custom component named “daikin_old” and changed the few things that needed to be changed to make it work.
I have my AC’s working again now running the last version of HA.
Not sure how to proceed…
Suppose I’ll wait to see if this gets addressed. If you @moorey81 or someone else needs me to test new code with these older Daikin units just contact me.
If you @Haw3000 want me to send me the custom component, just contact me, too.

I’ll keep watching this thread…

Regards to all and keep up the good work.

1 Like

Thanks. I have written you a private message

I’m running into the same issue as well with a BRP069B41.

Were you able to resolve it?

I was hoping @moorey81 sees this thread again and takes a look at the code, but this hasn’t happened yet.

I’ve created a custom component with the old daikin code, prior to 0.113.2.
It works fine for me.
@Haw3000 has also managed to get it to work.

It’s just a small hack to have my system working again, but if you want it, send me a DM and I’ll send it to you.

Regards, Stefan

1 Like

I’ll do that. Thanks for the help in the mean time!

True @moorey81, following the instruction of @stunsch and installing the old code, now finally my Daikin with BRP069A41 is working!
Thank you, Stunsch

Thank you for the feedback. After doing some tests with the proposed workaround, I got the BRP069B41 to show up :+1:

I did some further digging and read quickly through the pydaikin code, only to find out that for a BRP069B41, one does not have to provide the key or a password.

Once I removed the 0.113.1 version of the daikin component from the custom_components directory, so that I was back on 0.114.4, everything worked out of the box by only using the discovered IP address.

I’m so used to add keys to integrations, that I did not imagine it could work without providing a key or password :smiley:

So It is a user error or is there errors in the code?

I’ll got the same issue on my BRP069B41. How do I get it to work?

Nevermind. It worked for me when I did not use any password/key. Lol :slight_smile:

** BRP072A42 Connected OK without needing API Key or Password.**
I was having a lot of trouble connecting my AC to Homeassisant 117.4
My situation is as follows.
The AC was installed some time ago with a BRP072A42 so I was using the iPhone app “Mobile Controller” already.
When installing the Daikin AC integration I was following the instructions to enter IP and Key but was getting an error. After trying a number of combinations it eventually worked by using the IP address only and leaving the API Key and Password blank.

All works perfectly now.

Hi Guys,

Did something break on the 0.117.5? seems like mine broke after upgrading.

Greetings to everyone,
I have installed a new Daikin AC with the peace in mind that it will integrate seamlessly with HA.
Now that is connected to the wifi, I can control it via the app (Daikin residential controller, not the old daikin online controller) but I cannot properly connect it to HA :frowning:
It show up only the inside temperature (only the entity, with unknown data) and the climate component remains unavailable.
The controller model is BRP069C4x, that comes with an SSID and KEY sticker (no api key) , there’s any suitable way to integrate it into HA?