Daikin BRP072C42 WIFI custom component

I have the same problems with my new device (FTXM-R) which does not have a controller but has an integrated wifi board, and is also configured through Daikini Residential Controller app.
I tried to write to Daikin asking if they would undisclose the new APIs, let’s see what they answer. I’ll track this thread too, in case somebody has suggestions.

2 Likes

I am having an error using the Daikin Residencial controller supported AC
any idea how to resolve this?

Logger: homeassistant.components.climate
Source: components/daikin/climate.py:194
Integration: Climate (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 8:05:03 PM (4 occurrences)
Last logged: 8:13:12 PM

Error adding entities for domain climate with platform daikin
Error while setting up daikin platform for climate
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 316, in async_add_entities
    await asyncio.gather(*tasks)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 507, in _async_add_entity
    await entity.add_to_platform_finish()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 531, in add_to_platform_finish
    self.async_write_ha_state()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 296, in async_write_ha_state
    self._async_write_ha_state()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 320, in _async_write_ha_state
    sstate = self.state
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/climate/__init__.py", line 173, in state
    return self.hvac_mode
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/daikin/climate.py", line 194, in hvac_mode
    daikin_mode = self._api.device.represent(HA_ATTR_TO_DAIKIN[ATTR_HVAC_MODE])[1]
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pydaikin/daikin_airbase.py", line 107, in represent
    k, val = super().represent(key)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pydaikin/daikin_base.py", line 295, in represent
    val = self.values[key]
KeyError: 'mode'

Yes, your model should not have Key/password filled.

What does the logs say when connecting and logging: DEBUG enabled?

Enable debugging logs, and open a new thread where you tag me and we’ll see what we can do.

@rospogrigio also had some findings on how to debug / investigate connection.

Just want to mention that I have the same type of units (FTXM-R), and really hope we get to control them from HA. Will be watching this subject.

Release 2021.6.5 - June 15 breaks this wifi module integration. do not upgrade or revert to 2021.6.4

yes having issue with Release 2021.6.5 - June 15 , using BRP072C42 . It was flawless before

Log: Logger: homeassistant.components.daikin
Source: components/daikin/init.py:78
Integration: Daikin AC (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 10:09:40 AM (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:09:40 AM

Unexpected error creating device 192.168.1.146
Unexpected error creating device 192.168.1.128

Support for the C42 seems to have stopped in the 2021.6.5 release - inadvertently as it tries to read a sensor that doesn’t exist with this controller power consumption in the last hour).

Anyone know if it’s fixed in 2021.6.6? There’s zero mentions in the release notes.

fixed in 2021.6.6.

Hi there,
I have 2x Daikin ACs with BRP072C42 wifi units attached to them.
The ACs and the Wifi units are identical, and both are connected to my Hassio 2021.06.6 installation.
One of them works perfectly and identifies 7 entities.
The other one, however, only identifies 4 entities and throws the following error in the Home Assistant Log file.

Logger: homeassistant.components.sensor
Source: components/daikin/sensor.py:140
Integration: Sensor (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 9:14:43 PM (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 9:14:43 PM

• Error adding entities for domain sensor with platform daikin
  • Error while setting up daikin platform for sensor

Traceback (most recent call last): File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 383, in async_add_entities await asyncio.gather(*tasks) File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 588, in _async_add_entity await entity.add_to_platform_finish() File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 615, in add_to_platform_finish self.async_write_ha_state() File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 368, in async_write_ha_state self._async_write_ha_state() File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 402, in _async_write_ha_state state = self._stringify_state() File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 374, in _stringify_state state = self.state File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/daikin/sensor.py”, line 140, in state return round(self._api.device.last_hour_cool_energy_consumption, 3) AttributeError: ‘DaikinBRP072C’ object has no attribute ‘last_hour_cool_energy_consumption’

Any ideas on what is wrong here?
Both units are the same model and run the same firmware… this is very strange.

Hello guys, I am having the issue of not be able to control the daikin entities.

I have the BRP069C4X model

in the Log I can see these warnings

2021-07-02 06:28:19 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update of sensor.daikin_ac_inside_temperature is taking over 10 seconds
2021-07-02 06:28:20 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update of sensor.daikin_ac_inside_temperature_2 is taking over 10 seconds
2021-07-02 06:28:28 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.daikin] Connection failed for XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
2021-07-02 06:28:29 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.daikin] Connection failed for XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
2021-07-02 08:47:21 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update of sensor.daikin_ac_inside_temperature_2 is taking over 10 seconds
2021-07-02 08:47:29 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.daikin] Connection failed for XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
2021-07-02 08:48:14 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.daikin] Connection failed for XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
2021-07-02 09:16:50 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update of sensor.daikin_ac_inside_temperature is taking over 10 seconds
2021-07-02 09:16:58 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.daikin] Connection failed for XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
2021-07-02 09:17:21 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update of sensor.daikin_ac_inside_temperature_2 is taking over 10 seconds
2021-07-02 09:17:29 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.daikin] Connection failed for XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
2021-07-02 09:17:43 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.daikin] Connection failed for XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

Can anyone help to fixe this? Or is not possible yet?

A quick follow-up here. I found another tweaker who added these two components to the airconditioner:
BRP069B42 dus de wifi module met S21 kabel.
EKRS21 (Daikin S21 reducer kit voor Stylish), dit is een verloopkabel en die past dus op binnenunit.

I can now control the new system using the old wifi module and home assistant.

Did you resolve the problem with the BRP072C42?

I’m about to buy a Wifi adaptor, can anyone tell me if the BRP072C42 is working well with home assistant, or is it worth trying to track down a BRP072A42?

BRP069B42 with the S21 cable works nicely with HA.

Hi @jammin,

I have 2 Perfera-R (built-in BRP072C42) working fine with the integration from @rospogrigio.

1 Like

Hey @mihsu81 , can you please point me to this custom component?

I’ve just done a big leap to 2021.10.6 and I’m having problems with the built in component

Cheers

Linton

Hi @LintHart,
Add “GitHub - rospogrigio/daikin_residential: Cloud control of Daikin devices that are supported by Daikin Residential Controller app.” as a Custom Repository in HACS (category Integrations) and it will appear in the available Integrations of HACS. Install the Integration “Daikin Residential Controller” from HACS. At this point it will appear as an available integration to add in HA/Configuration/Integrations.

1 Like

Mine is a BRP072A42 too but I had to put my KEY in as the API key with no password for it to connect.

The AC Power Switch also didn’t work in my HA so I had to create one in configuration.yaml like this:

switch:
  - platform: template
    switches:
      daiken_switch:
        value_template: "{{ not is_state('climate.daikinap50360', 'off') }}"
        turn_on:
          service: climate.turn_on
          target:
            entity_id: climate.daikinap50360
        turn_off:
          service: climate.turn_off
          target:
            entity_id: climate.daikinap50360

For reference, here’s what my Entity card looks like:

type: entities
entities:
  - entity: switch.daiken
    icon: mdi:air-conditioner
    name: Daiken Air Conditioner
  - entity: climate.daikinap50360
    name: Mode
  - entity: sensor.daikinap50360_inside_temperature
    name: Inside Temperature
  - entity: sensor.daikinap50360_outside_temperature
    name: Outside Temperature
  - entity: sensor.daikinap50360_compressor_frequency
    name: Compressor Frequency
  - entity: sensor.daikinap50360_cool_energy_consumption
    name: Cool Energy Consumption
  - entity: sensor.daikinap50360_heat_energy_consumption
    name: Heat Energy Consumption
  - entity: sensor.daikinap50360_estimated_power_consumption
    name: Estimated Power Consumption
  - entity: sensor.daikinap50360_today_s_total_energy_consumption
    name: Today's Total Energy Consumption
title: Daikin AP50360
show_header_toggle: false
state_color: true

I just got an Alira X AC installed.
On “Daikin Mobile Controller” android app, I have managed to add the AC locally (I did not use any cloud account).
Provided a fixed IP from my router.

I tried adding the ac with HA "Daikin AC " integration. Tried adding the Ac with IP address only but its failing to connect.
Where do I find the API and Password the integration is looking for? There is nothing written inside the AC top cover.

How do I know which WiFi module do i have?

Will appreciate the help.

Hi, I have three Zena units with built in wifi. I have static IPs assigned to all three units and the Daikin Integration found them all. However, when I got to configure, it asks for the IP, API Key and password. Similar to iamtapu, how do I know which wifi model I have and how to I find the API key/password. Is this the SSID and password?

I am very new to HA and would appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, What do you mean actually when you said Daikin Integration found them all?
Do you see in your “Notification” that new hardware is detected?

FYI, mine does not get detected. I tried to add them by going to Settings > Device and Services > Add Integration > Daikin AC

I dont think so. I guess in some model of Daikin (maybe older models) had the Password and API key printer on a sticker inside the unit.

I am eager to find a way to get this Daikin AC added to HA. If you find any resources please let me know.