Daikin Component with BRP069B42

Hi!
I’m trying to integrate Daikin AC unit with BRP069B42 into my Home Assistant but I have allways the following error on my log:

File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/climate/daikin.py”, line 64, in setup_platform
api = daikin_api_setup(hass, host, name)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/daikin.py”, line 105, in daikin_api_setup
device = appliance.Appliance(host)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pydaikin/appliance.py”, line 110, in init
self.values.update(self.get_resource(resource))
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pydaikin/appliance.py”, line 115, in get_resource
return self.parse_response(r.text)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pydaikin/entity.py”, line 28, in parse_response
raise ValueError(“non-OK return on response”)

Can someone help me please?
Thank you!!
Rick

1 Like

@rofrantz worked out what was up with pydaikin (it’s asking the unit for entities it doesn’t have and returns 404 for rather than OK) in this thread.

It would be great if they would fix upstream, but @rofrantz did already try to get fixes accepted. Maybe they’ll accept my patch?

I’ve since patched it to return an empty dictionary rather than throwing an exception, which seems to work nicely and doesn’t require working out which ones don’t work (albeit with a negligible performance hit from a couple of 404s): https://github.com/samj/homeassistant