Daikin Heat pump Altherma Integration

Same question actually…
Does anyone managed to control the system through HA? Maybe adding some esp to the LAN adaptor? Thanks

This. This is what I am missing.

I can controll the DHW via the app (on, off, temp). I would love to do just exactly that via HA(SS). So I could turn off Water generation when no one is at home or during the nighttime. I did the same with the circulation pump already which works like a charm.

Daikin AC Units can easily be integrated and controlled directly. Cant the LAN Adapter on the Altherma not handled in the same way?

1 Like

Hello,

I have an altherma with a lan adapter and would like to get it integrated with my home assistant system. I am fairly new so need some clear pointers how to create temperature sensors and switches to control the altherma. I did manage to get it integrated within my Vera unit using node red and some examples code I picked up from somewhere but I guess with HASS it would be fairly straightforward to get the data in without using node-red.

Can you help out here?

Check out Williams repo (see post a little bit up) or use this link

https://github.com/william-sy/Daikin-BRP069A62/tree/V1.2-work

He has made quite some progress lately and it should work with MQTT but not tested.

Hi, after days of hopes and failure, maybe i have a first prototype of integration.
The work is based on @Rospogrigio integration (https://github.com/rospogrigio/daikin_residential), who I thank for answering my questions.
Now I can read 3 sensors:

and I have 1 climate control, populated with data.
I tested only on/off and seems to run but in automatic mode.

immagine

is still a work in progress…
I don’t know if I will be able to release my own integration, I know little about github and also HA custom integrations.
I will definitely need some help.

bye

Ahoj, mohu poprosit o radu?

ahoj, hej :slight_smile:

Hey Lontra, that looks promising! Can you share how you accomplished that?

Hi HansW,
I have great news…

All values highlighted in green are controlled by me…
after overcoming several rather difficult problems, I was able to customize in a fairly deep way the integration of @rospogrigio .
We are evaluating possibility to create an unique integration that support AC and Heat Pump, but I confess that I am quite pessimistic… (i’m not a real developer…)

I actually duplicated the integration made by Rospogrigio, but I don’t think I fully understood it…
The code modified by me is still very dirty, but for what I was able to do it works.
Other than you, there doesn’t seem to be many HA users who have the Daikin Altherma 3 interested in integration.

I’ll keep you updated as soon as I decide how to share it.
Bye

1 Like

I would also be really interested to get this integration working, so please share if possible.

1 Like

I also have a Daikin Altherma 3 and I’m very interested in getting some integration between the Altherma 3 and HA! :slight_smile:

Hi,
I am not an expert in git nor in Home Assistant integrations, but i tried to share my code, in a beta version. I ask you to tell me if it run correctly…

I really hope it works and that you find it useful.

I look forward to helpful advice from everyone.
Thanks
Lontra

Thank You for sharing!

Tried: Installation and configuration works, but unfortunately does not find my device (Device ‘None’ is filtered out). Most likely because I have Daikin Altherma R with BRP069A62, so different heat pump and LAN Adapter.

LAN Adapter has updated firmware and is connected to Daikin Cloud via Daikin Residential Controller app. Will try to compare he code with Rospogrigio if I find something that would help me to get it working. Any hints how you got it working for your device?

Have you seen if there’s in config folder any json file with daikin prefix?

Get Devices is the same of Rospogrigio’s code.

From JSON searches for “gateway” and “modelInfo”…
Strange that isn’t supported if you can control by the app.

JSON is there and contains info about my device, so there is hope:

"managementPointCategory": "secondary",
                "managementPointType": "gateway",
                "modelInfo": {
                    "settable": false,
                    "value": "BRP069A62"
                },

BRP069A62 has somewhat limited functionality (no energy consuption for example), so i guess is it not “compatible” with Appliance class.

can you send me a private message with the entire json to compare structures?

Is this for the Daikin Altherma 3 ? Ca you please if show how to integrate to HA?

Yes, is for Altherma 3.

Is a custom integration,that you can install with HACS…
Tell me if you have problem.
Bye…

I have installed it with HACS but it
Says in the log Device ‘None’ is filtered out? #4

1 Like