Daikin Integration - Updated 2022-09-26

I just learnt by another user that Daikin is planning to make the cloud API opensource for DIY at the end of this year, I hoe this is true.

It seems the important parts are the requests and responses, “requests” are sent to make changes and “responses” are sent constant changes on every parameter (some parameters will constantly change).

Also I see that similar traces have been done to what you and I have done and further work is being done to decipher the codes, hope they can work it out and re-implement a working integration again in HA.
see last comments in Daikin WIFI controller BRP084Cxx firmware update from 1.19.0 to 2.8.0 breaks local API · Issue #99251 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

Still, you would have lost local control for cloud.

Yes, and I think most of HA community don’t like clouds and prefer local smart home system.
Some don’t like but some (like me) just hate them. Being a software developer for 15+ years I know how everyone try to monitor and control you and squeeze every tiny bit of information about you as they could. And nobody gives a damn about privacy policy and agreements. So I am strongly against proprietary apps and clouds when it comes to home automation.
Sorry, that is a bit off-topic and too much information.

Still, opening up the cloud API is a huge step for Daikin.

Totally agree, local API is the way!!

BTW: I downloaded the Windows version of Charles Proxy, set the proxy on my iphone to the PC IP for port 8888 and it is great to see the data flow, requests, responses. It is obviously not encrypted, so local access should be possible, the settings are sent with POST and PUT method, as a software developer do you understand this method better?

I just ordered one and will try on one of my 5 new devices. If it works i will order 4 more.

2 Likes

Oh I was so stupid. I took the request example from the proxy and replaced \\" for \" but did not notice \\/ that need replacing to \/
so I had "\\/dsiot\\/edge\\/adr_0100.dgc_status" instead of "\/dsiot\/edge\/adr_0100.dgc_status"
and the command obviously failed.
so now everything works. just need to record commands with proxy and then can implement them and later add to home assistant too.

I have a Faikin installed. Super simple setup and completely local. The developer is very responsive to issues. Very happy I went that route instead of one of the official Daikin modules.

1 Like

great, may i contact you if i run into problems ?

Sure, but you’ll probably get better support straight from the dev if you post on github.

Hi all,
I was able to decode most of the new protocol, at least the components Home Assistant would need to get the integration working again. Just waiting for the developers to have time to refactor the implementation now.
I was also able to set up a couple of services on Home Assistant to turn the heater on and off until the integration is updated.
Have a look at GitHub if you want more details on this issue.
Cheers

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Trouble with Daikin Integration

Has anyone checked out or tried/applied for the new public API integration Daikin has detailed here:

?

This is cloud based, as compared to the existing integration that interrogates the unit directly. Also I don’t know whether the cloud access is available in every country and free.

Cheers

Has anyone noticed that, since last firmware, powerful mode no longer works throught the API? In my case, it only works with the remote.

I’m not sure what you mean. The last firmware changed the whole API. Home Assistant loses all functionality with Daikin units after a firmware upgrade.

I’m talking about the ONECTA API, used by rospogrigio custom integration.

New firmware for BRP069C4, version 1.28.0

Already installed it and everything still works fine with rospogrigio custom integration.

I searched for a change log but didn’t find one.

Hi, i have integrated the my Daikin FTXAAB everything is working, but i dont see the energy measurement what i can see in the app. Can i integrate that also in HA?

Kind regards,

Hi,

My understanding is that Daikin make good AC units. Unfortunately instead of improving devices over the years they have decided to remove the local API functionality. I have started to setup HA and have 5 of these Daikin AC units. At first I thought I would have to purchase 5 of the older Wifi controlers (BRP069B45) to get the local API functionality back.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this effort to intergrate recent Daikin devices with HA. I have added the ‘Daikin Residential Controller’ (rospogrigio/daikin_residential/) to HA and now have my Daikin units on the dashboard.

The intergration is not perfect, I assume this is because of the Daikin cloud. For example I have turned an AC on via HA and now 5mins later on HA the device is showing it status as Off. I have had similar experience using the Daikin ONECTA app. Also one AC is showing as on, on HA and the ONECTA app. The temperature (indoor & outdoor) sensors are not updating regularly, I would of hoped for at least once per hour. I have temperature readings from 2 days ago showing on HA, basically useless.

Turning the AC’s on and off regardless of the status that they are showing works great but the temperature readings are useless. This is currently what I have been interested in. Its geting energy consumption readings from the cloud but I need to monitor it further.

I will definitely be purchasing the ESP32-Faikin boards and puting one in each AC unit so that I have local API and no need for cloud. I am assuming and hoping that the local API will be rock solid as HA is talking to the devices directly.

I am using Daikin FTXM35R2V1B with BRP069C4x on Firmware 1.28.0.

Quick guide on a new Home Assistant install:
Goto Addons and install SSH, add a password on the config tab
Use SSH to download HACS (Home Assistant Community Store)
Add HACS as an intergration
Goto HACS and install Daikin Residential Controller (ONECTA)
Add Daikin Residential Controller intergration

Thank you for your post.

It’s worth nothing that cloud services are not available everywhere. For example Daikin Australia provides no cloud access.

Also the local API hasn’t been turned off, but instead it’s been changed so that it no longer works with the HA integration. As I understand work has already started to refactor the integration to work with FW 1.28.0

Cheers