Daikin Madoka BRC1H bluetooth custom component

Hi again

Still trying to pair with madoka with no luck. After trying “agent off” I can’t pair, in Madoka thermostat the pairing icon appears very briefly (less than 500ms) and in HA appears AuthenticationFailed. I have never seen a confirmation code.

However I got this after trying a lot of pairings (sorry, I can’t copy the text):

After several [NEW] blocks:

Any advice would help!

Thanks

After Agent off, did you re-do the KeyboardDisplay?

ie
agent off
agent KeyboardDisplay

You may need to be sitting in front of the controller, the approval time is quite short,

Alex,

Yes, I called agent KeyboardDisplay

I was right next to the controller with a PC but no code appeared. The pariring icon (not the code) appeared for a very short time and the display went back to the bt icon.

BTW, the rpi is in the basement and the madoka thermostat is at ground level, so they are a bit far. I will move the rpi so it is closer and try the pairing again, do you think it will help?

Same issue here. Had it working in the past on pi3 but did some OS updates and am now unable to pair. Did someone get this working on pi3 (or pi4)?

I was able to set it up again using an external BT adapter on pi3.
To be honest, I’ve tried it before but not quite sure why it is working now. Did several reboots to get the pairing to work.

Hi there,
I have 8 Madoka thermostat.
I am able to pair it all with bluetoothctl without issues.
My system is composed by a NAS server where HA is installed in a docker container.
The usb interface is a cheap small usb dongle.
The issue is that i can integrate the Madoka just one at a time!
Adding just a second paired Madoka, HA brings a pop up without any other information than a simple message “Interrotto”.

Is there any hint?

Thank you
Ignazio

Madoka

Hi!

All the device MAC addresses have to be provided when the integration is being setup, it is not possible to setup the integration several times. You can specify multiple addresses using a semi-colon separator (:wink: and all devices should appear automatically.

Let me know if that works for you…

Cheers!

Hi,
I just tried adding two adapter bu it does not work.
I used a semi colon but here attached the result.

Did I made some mistake?

Ignazio

WhatsApp Image 2022-01-07 at 17.42.53

Oh, my fault!! It is a comma-separated list, not semi-colon.

Amazing work !!!

• Updated Android App to latest version 1.11.0.
    – This stopped advanced setting options etc.
  • BRC1H also has firmware upgrade available which might restore this.

I’m afraid of upgrading the firmware on the BRC1H in case this custom component stops working.
Has anyone been brave enough?

Did you solve this?
I too cannot get code to show with yes and no options.
The Madoka bluetooth display progreeses to a pairing symbol but then because I cannot authenticate I have to use cancel-pairing [mac] or remove [mac] commands.

I was able to use Pi3 internal bt and set that up a few months back. Now I want to re-add a controller after deleting its pairing, but am facing the same issue. I have upgraded the os and ha a few times between.
Did you get the internal bt working again?

Unfortunately not. I only got it back up and running with an external BT.

1 Like

managed to fix (internal bt) : bluetoothctl, power off, agent off, agent KeyboardDisplay, default-agent, power on, scan on, scan off (after seeing bt device), trust [ mac], pair [mac], - yes/no option to pair now shows. not sure you need trust, more likely setting power and default solved it.

1 Like

Hi,
I am expecting to controle 4 units with HA. I dont know if it is better to have for each unit 1 BRC or to group the 4 units with only one BRC

The 4 units are in the same space 150m2 for public occupancy .

Thank you very much for your help.

Continued in github.

Getting an error in the logs:

This error originated from a custom integration.

Logger: custom_components.daikin_madoka
Source: custom_components/daikin_madoka/__init__.py:74
Integration: Daikin Madoka
First occurred: 6:48:50 PM (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 6:59:47 PM

Could not connect to device 68:88:A1:39:A0:F5: Could not find bluetooth device for the address 68:88:A1:39:A0:F5. Please follow the instructions on device pairing.

I received the message Device 68:88:A1:39:A0:F5 Paired: yes Pairing successful when pairing with bluetoothctl.

I noticed like others that the configuration screen is blank and returned and exclamation mark when I provided the MAC address. I unchecked the two boxes to see if it would work and indeed it added the device to home assistant. Then the error above occurred.

I removed the integration and re-added which then gave me the proper text descriptions. I received an error, tried a connect command which worked, and then was able to add the device in the configuration. Again thought, same "Could not connect to device " in the logs.

Attached is a screenshot of what I see on the Daikan.

I am glad you can see all the descriptions now.

My suggestion is to remove all the thermostat bluetooth connections (press the B with the crossthrough on that picture). Then, repeat the steps used to establish the connection from the command line. Keep in mind that you don’t have much time since you type “pair xx” on the command line and accept the connection on the thermostat.

Otherwise, they may appear to be connected, but the thermostat hasn’t authorized the connection and it is not going to work.

I did test using the mobile app to see how the thermostat reacts. There is a “pairing” button on the thermostat. Once I confirm the connection code on the mobile and then click “pairing” on the thermostat, it goes back to the home screen and glows green when the phone is connected. I had the same exact experience when pairing with home assistant but I still get the error. I’ll give it another try.