Daikin Skyzone component

If you are referring to the “out of home” option on the phone app? I have disabled it and no change sorry.

Yeah, I disabled mine, still working for me.
I’m stumped.

I checked the APK source and they don’t do any port swapping so that should be ok.
What version of the SW is the Tablet on? 2.1.0A or 2.0.1?
Did you set a PW on the Tablet?

Might have to give you a some local files to see what data the unit is sending back.

The table 2.0.1A and the phone app 2.0.2, no p/word set on tablet. No problem, thanks for taking the time to look at this.

Hi all,

Thanks to grantc, I found that the ‘password’ set in the Tablet actually is used in the API.
So that’s now fixed.

Just fixed an issue with 0 external sensors not loading the Outdoor and Refrigerant sensors.

Thanks for all of your hard work into getting this up and running and sharing it. I had begun to think that there would never be a way to control the older Daikin Skyzone but your setup works flawlessly.

Thanks!

Cheers!

Didn’t think it was ‘that’ old :wink:
Daikin still havn’t release the successor, atleast for the ducted units.

I’ve been holding on to some minor updates that I’ll push out this week.

Following that I need to do a big update to handle some spamming issues I found whilst using NodeRED, but this wont happen for some months.

But good to see others using it!

Hi There,

Excellent work on this integration. I got it working in next to no time at all with my skyzone ducted a/c. The only issue I had was with the sensors. I’ve got two sensors connected, but I believe one of them replaces the internal sensor. For some reason the code was detecting only 1 sensor (and no external sensors) so I couldn’t change the sensor selected. I added a “hack” to the daikinProcess.py code to return an extra sensor in my case and all works fine with sensor selection for me now. I’m not sure why this is not working properly on my unit.

Code Changed :-

self._DaikinClimateInfo_Object.NumberOfSensors = ((incomingInfo[10] & 0xF)+1)

FYI - I’ve got units FDYQ71LAV1 & RZQS71AV1

Cheers and Thanks again

Hmm, strange.

Outdoor sensor should be on all units. It’s part of the outdoor unit and just gets displayed on the Skyzone frontend. Does it display outdoor temp on yours?
Can you select the sensors from the Daikin Touchpad?
Could be the ‘smaller’ unit got stripped on features… but would be abit strange.

Yep - I’ve got an outdoor sensor and it is displaying the correct temperatures. I can also select between the 2 “internal” sensors which are in 2 different zones in the house. Sometimes the sensor displays the correct sensor names (Downstairs and Bedroom) and sometimes they just display as Internal Sensor and Sensor 1 as in this pic :-

If it reads the sensor names correctly I get the following :-

And yes - I can select the different sensors on the Daikin Touchpad

Hmm, seem’s the issue is coming from your Skyzone controller. Sometimes reporting only 1, or 2 external sensors. Perhaps I’m misinterpreting some info.
Can you enable debug mode 3 and send me the logs for each case when you can.

skyzone:
  debuglevel: 3

Should spam a tonne of into to your log.

Thanks!

I’ve gone back to your original code. I only get one sensor displayed consistently even though there are two sensors installed.

I only get the downstairs “internal sensor” and not the bedroom one. I’ll attach the debug logs

@ viperIII Just a heads up - this component will probably break after 0.88. I tried to run 0.88b0 and it broke most of the my custom components including this one that has been running without issue up until now.

2019-02-14 14:50:10 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] Error loading custom_components.skyzone.climate. Make sure all dependencies are installed
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/loader.py”, line 147, in _load_file
module = importlib.import_module(path)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/importlib/init.py”, line 126, in import_module
return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
File “”, line 994, in _gcd_import
File “”, line 971, in _find_and_load
File “”, line 950, in _find_and_load_unlocked
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘custom_components.skyzone.climate’; ‘custom_components.skyzone’ is not a package
2019-02-14 14:50:10 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] Error loading custom_components.skyzone.switch. Make sure all dependencies are installed
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/loader.py”, line 147, in _load_file
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘custom_components.skyzone.switch’; ‘custom_components.skyzone’ is not a package
2019-02-14 14:50:10 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] Error loading custom_components.skyzone.sensor. Make sure all dependencies are installed
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘custom_components.skyzone.sensor’; ‘custom_components.skyzone’ is not a package

Hi all.

I updated the component to support HA 0.88.

Delete the old files and copy the new ones into custom_components/skyzone.

Thanks @grantc for the heads up.

Another bump.

Updated the climate component to suit HA 0.89.
Hopefully the HA restructuring is slowing down soon :face_with_raised_eyebrow:.

Worked on 2nd attempt (just needed to put the password in) -super easy. Thanks mate!!!

Hi all,

Pushed a long standing runtime fixe to the the repo aswell and hopefully fixing a desync issue.

1). The Skyzone controller sometimes will drop a connected IP if the connect IP doesn’t do a broadcast within a certain time-frame. For me it would happen every 1-2 days if I didn’t reboot my HA instance. So now it will do a broadcast every hour. (Stock app does it every 5mins or so).

2). I hopefully also improved the GUI feedback time by dropping some while locks waiting for an current ‘sync’ frame to finish. i.e. Changing zone or state should give feedback within 3s worst case.

3). Also added a updated flag to fix the issue where update to HA where ignored if they happened to occur during an ‘sync’ frame. Mostly occurred when changing states (i.e. On to Off etc).

Please just update the custom_components\skyzone folder to the latest files in the repo and HA will pull down what it needs.

Let me know if you see any issues or notice anything else weird.

On a side note, exposed my HA instance to Google Home this week and control works well via the Home Hub touchscreen and voice command.
Alexa still isn’t that good doing thermostat updates, but works well for everything else.

1 Like

New version of HA has broken the component.
SUPPORT_OPERATION_MODE is now HVAC_MODES.
errors onloading as it can’t find the constant variable in the climate component of HA.

Hi all,

Upped the climate.py to match 0.96.
Sorry about the delay.
The update completely broke my custom thermostat component and nodeRed setup so it’s taken me 3 days to sort it all out.