Daikin Skyzone component

Thanks for the continued maintenance on this!! This is by far my most useful part of HA!

Cheers!

I tend to agree :smiley:

With the warmth finally returning to VIC, I realised I missed a few includes in the 0.88 update for FAN and DRY.
They are now fixed.

Enjoy!

Hey Ben
Question
Is it just a matter of getting them to change the climate /const.py to include AUTO as a valid HVAC_MODE so we don’t have IDLE which isn’t valid for the skyzone
And Alexa doesn’t seem to know what that is either

Hey Ben
the intergration seems to be broken

That’s disapponting. Using the latest from the repo with the manifest tags?

2021.6.0 prevents any custom components from loading without it.

EDIT: updated on my own box, working fine. SO yeah, update to the latest version on github.

Yeah, I don’t want to support ‘auto’ as its kinda a stupid mode for HA considering the smarts then go to a stupid unit.

Google works fine, but yeah… I’ll see what I can work out.

Yeah I did, copied the lasted master
The Configuration validation throughs the error as well

2021.6.2 fixed it
must have been some issue with 2021.6.0

@viperIII Anyone having issues with the Skyzone CC and UDP? It seem to start happening once I installed beta 2021:11. Just a heads up there maybe an issue with this weeks release.

2021-11-01 15:12:21 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of skyzone is taking over 10 seconds.
2021-11-01 15:12:21 ERROR (SyncWorker_0) [daikinPyZone] Daikin SkyZone: UDP timeout (10 seconds)
2021-11-01 15:12:31 ERROR (SyncWorker_0) [daikinPyZone] Daikin SkyZone: UDP timeout (10 seconds)
2021-11-01 15:12:41 ERROR (SyncWorker_0) [daikinPyZone] Daikin SkyZone: UDP timeout (10 seconds)
2021-11-01 15:12:47 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant] Error doing job: Task was destroyed but it is pending!
2021-11-01 15:12:47 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant] Error doing job: Task was destroyed but it is pending!
2021-11-01 15:12:51 ERROR (SyncWorker_0) [daikinPyZone] Daikin SkyZone: UDP timeout (10 seconds)
2021-11-01 15:13:01 ERROR (SyncWorker_0) [daikinPyZone] Daikin SkyZone: UDP timeout (10 seconds)
2021-11-01 15:13:01 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for skyzone: Integration failed to initialize.

Erg, great.
I’ll have a look at see what they changed on the UDP side…

@grantc
Can’t find any breaking changes.

Have you tried power cycling the unit?
I find sometimes the Wifi Unit doesnt respond anymore to a broadcast request.

Thanks Ben, neither could I see anything obvious. Let us know if you get the same issue if and when you upgrade to 2021.11.

Not as yet, will add it to the list of things to do.

Just updated to the official 2021.11 and all is working fine.

Thanks for the update Ben

Hi there, I’m just checking in to see whether this integration of Daikin’s crappy Skyzone system into HA is still fully functioning? It will be amazing news if so! I’m just starting exploring HA, and if it is still able to be set up to control our aircon system that will make me put the effort in to get it working.

Thanks for any update on this (plus the work to develop the integration, @viperIII).

Cheers.

Hey mate, yeah plugin still works.
I’ve been slowly updating it for official integration but that’s not ready yet.

Brillant - thanks for confirming. Looks like it’s worth the effort to get HA sorted just so I can have decent control over the heating. Cheers.

@viperIII - a really dumb question from a newbie: can you direct me to reliable instructions on adding user-created add-ons like this to HA? This is the first thing I’m wanting to add to HA, and so don’t even have a custom_components folder etc. Thanks for any advice.