Daikin Skyzone component

Simply create the folder manually in the root of the config folder, then add the Skyzone folder within.

Thanks - I’ve managed to get it showing in HA via installing the files from GitHub - BenNeumeister/daikinSkyzone: Daikin Skyzone Home Assistant Component, though I did need to add the additional info in the configuration.yaml file.

However, I’m seeing only the very basics of both information and commands, as in:

Are there additional steps to be able to access the more comprehensive controls, and view/select temperature sensors, zones etc? Apologies for these basic questions; I’m not an IT expert, but if pointed in the right direction of how to do something will generally get there! Thanks for any pointers you’re happy to provide.

name: 'Daikin Climate Control'
  password:
  host: 192.168.1.5
  scan_interval: 60
  debuglevel: 0
  pollextsensors: 0

Do you have something similar in your config.yaml?

You should also get new temperature sensors and switches for each of the zones based on the names given from the setup on the original touchscreen.

I.e.

entities:
  - switch.living_area
  - switch.bedrooms
  - sensor.internal_sensor
  - sensor.outdoor_sensor
  - sensor.refrigerant_sensor
  - sensor.hallway_sensor
  - sensor.master_bedroom_sensor
  - switch.hallway_sensor
  - switch.master_bedroom_sensor
  - switch.internal_sensor
show_header_toggle: false
state_color: true
title: Skyzone
type: entities

Thanks for the replies; yep, I do have those additional lines in the config file (the heatpump didn’t show up until I added them) - and perhaps I hadn’t been looking in the right place, but I do now see the various sensors and switches are indeed present.

Sorry, I am totally new to HA, so it’s a steep learning curve for me! I’ve managed to pull the various entities into a dashboard so at least all are visible together; now it’s a matter of learning how to do something with this - eg, how to ensure at least one zone must always be selected, and (the reason I’m doing this) to be able to set up automation based on the weather. (Any hints on where to find good guidance setting up AC automation within HA?)

Also - one final dumb question: why is it that pressing the ‘power’ button on the thermostat card doesn’t actually turn the unit on? Do I have to add and use a separate button for power?

Anyway, thanks for your help and patience with a newbie.

It depends on how into it you want to go.
I’ve written a whole controller using NodeRed which take into account individual room temperatures, outdoor temp, times etc. etc.

The basic way is to use the HA Thermostat item and create a thermostat to control each zone that you have.
The plugin will make sure there is never 0 zones open, but that obviously its best to try and never request that from HA.

Also, form the HA config, you really just need;

skyzone:

The other options are just if you have specific issues.