Daily emails with Excel spreadsheet info -- need to get into HA

I get a daily email with an .XLS file attached that shows the propane levels of 3 (soon to be 4) different tanks.

I would like to be able to see that in HA.

I posted previously, when the email sender only sent the info in an HTML-formatted body of the message.

Now they send it as an XLS attachment. I think I can also have them change it to a CSV attachment, if that’s any easier.

How can I make this happen?

Thank you!

There is currently no method for inserting past data (in any format) into the the home assistant recorder database. It is set up to record data in real time - as it happens.

I guess if you were proficient enough at SQL and python you may be able to insert the data into the recorder. This would make a few folks a happy as there is a request for this about once a month. But at the moment there are no tools available to do this.

Thank you for the reply.

Please excuse my ignorance – I’m clearly not a programmer or HA expert.

What I was envisioning is to use the incoming daily email data essentially as a sensor (perhaps in the lay meaning of a sensor). Just as if we had a thermometer set to update every 24 hours. And then feed that data into HA for storing/manipulating/displaying.

Does that make any sense?

In that case you could use the file sensor in order to extract the values from the latest file:

If all they want is the last line of the file.

Screenshot 2022-02-27 at 21-09-25 File