Danalock V3 still not working with HA?

What is the status with this lock? I recently bought one and I’m having hell with adding it into hassio. I can only find older threads about this but still a few people seem to have gotten it working. I have added the network key in openzwave.xml since the yaml doesn’t seem to be working. And when I add the device I only get these two devices

when I press the “lock” nothing happens so I try to use the “lock.get_usercode” but nothing happens… It would be really awesome to get this working. Any ideas? what is the status with danalock/hassio nowadays?

I am having bo problems at all.

In scripts I unlock this way:

Try re add the device I get the following devices when it’s added

Thanks, but I’ve done this many times and I always only get the two entries :frowning: I suspect the get_usercode not working. Am I supposed to get all entities after the first inclusion? What does the get user codes do exactly?

I haven’t been using the get_usercode at all.

At inclusion I get 2 entities, after af few minutes and after I manually have been unlocking/locking the door, I get all the other entities.

Is your locks firmware up to date?

I updated to the latest firmware through the android app yesterday. Then added node and got these two entities. But I can’t lock or unlock at all… I have the aeostick gen5 in rbpi3b

I know the rtt is a bit high but I tested it yesterday when it layed 10cm from the zwave controller and still nothing

Basic question, but did you add the lock with secure inclusion (“Add node secure”)?

Yes, I did add secure node all the time, an hour ago I successfully added the lock with all entities, did exactly the same thing as before. However, the hassio webgui stopped working now so I had to reset the raspberry and guess what… NO danalock entities left after reboot… somebody is teasing me lol…

I added the device successfully again and this time it took the same node_id as before even with the renamed entity that I did just before the webgui crashed. Now its even more responsive! Dont know how this happened but at least it seems to work like a charm now, I’m so happy! :slight_smile:

thx for the feedback on this problem

When you add a device the information obtained about it during the interview process is saved in memory. Only after gracefully shutting down/restarting HA will the cached data be saved to disk. If you hard reset the RPi the cached data is lost. Then when the z-wave network starts up again, and the interview data is not in the cache file, the details about the device won’t be known at first. HA entities either won’t be created or will be unavailable. After some time the entities might be discovered or available as the node information is found again. For battery devices this usually requires repeating the inclusion process (which re-interviews the device). That’s probably what happened when you added the lock a second time (it sounds like you didn’t remove it first?).

It would be a good practice to click the “SAVE CONFIG” button on the Z-Wave control panel, after adding a node and verifying things look as expected. This will write the current cache data to disk. Any crashes or hard reboots will then not lose the node info.

Hello! I cannot control my DanalockV3 from hassio. I tried many times to add the lock. I could add it and I see it, but I cannot lock or unlock it. I tried via z-wave integration and configuration.yaml also. I use Aeotec Z-wave 5 GEN usb stick. Please help me. Thank you!

Hi Mattie, Could you tell me please how did you this?

Hi istvan, you need to have added a secure key to your zwave config and use the add secure button. I let the device blink in inclusion mode even though I pushed the add secure button in ha. It seems that the device needs this time for a proper inclusion. Also see if you have all entities and not just one.

Hi Mattie, thank you for your help! I see all entities, I mean battery sensor, alarm sensor, lock etc… But I cannot lock or unlock it. Iam sure with my node_id but I am not sure what is the right code_id? I tried with code_id 1 and 0. Should be work the lock and unlock process via button in the entity information?

It sounds like you have all entities, I would remove the node and try to re add it again. As soon as you add the lock to your gui you have an unlock and lock button on the entity. It should work out of the box. What I also did was updating the lock with the danalock phone app. You could try it

Do you use it with Danapad or simple Danalock? I tried to add many times, but the same. I have lock and unlock button but nothing to do it. I updated also the firmware. Did you make this lock.get_usercode process? If yes when? Waitid until the node compelted status or earlier? What about the code_id parameter?

Only danalock and I didn’t use the get user lock at all or even code I’d. It just worked after add node secure.

Hi Matties, imagine that successfully done! I tried it many times and done. :slight_smile:

Thank you for your help!

Nicely done! I’m glad I could help but you did it mostly yourself. Happy locking :face_with_hand_over_mouth: