Danalock zigbee (ZHA) integration not updating lock status

I have a Danalock which I’ve successfully connected to HA using a Conbee2 stick. I can lock and unlock the door, however the lock status always shows it as unlocked, even when it is locked. The Danalock app shows always shows the correct status.

Any ideas?

Same goes for me.

If i remove it from zha and then add it again it works for all between 6 hours to 3 days, and then the state stops working.

I have also seen that it may stop working if home assistant is rebooted.

I’m using a conbee Ii stick on a raspberry pi 4 booted from ssd.

I’ve had the same issue with the rebooting. Let me know if you find a solution.

I have almost same issues with my danalock.
For me has the lock and unlock fuction also stop working. I have used it with zigbee2mqtt and ZHA. I have had the same issues with both. Sometimes it helps to reconfigure device. Sometimes you have to take out the batteries from the lock and delete the lock configuration and do the configuration again.

I think the problem is with the lock I have over 10 other zigbee device and no problem with them.

I just got a reply from danalock who states that they did not change anything zigbee related in the firmware.
I’m not sure we can trust them on this, but they also send med two older firmware versions that i have not tested yet.

Same shit her. ZHA Danalock until first reboot, update state after nothing, currently i using two buttons in lovelace one for open one for close, but would be wonderful to know the state

@tarcsajana how did you add the other button to LoveLace? I see when I add the Danalock (literally just got it yesterday) it will only show:
If I go into the card I can see Lock and Unlock but I can’t figure out how to show Lock button on LoveLace
(The update of 2 minutes ago is purely after a HA reboot - Im also getting the same issue as everyone else using ZHA in that the status doesn’t update).

UPDATE. The lock seems to have stopped communicating on to HA. I went to pair the lock again in ZWave option and kept getting the following error. A reboot of the lock has fixed it…for now

I am also getting the same status update problem.

The lock still locks / unlocks but the status and history don’t update. it was fine until i rebooted.

Add me to the growing list of those interested in a solution.

Add me to the list who does not receive status updates anymore.
I updated both the firmware of the lock and HA at the same time so hard to say what broke it.

First I thought it had to do with me activating turn-assist after reboot, but I get the same after disabling it again.

also seems as though the response is slower than before.

running ZHA / Home Assistant 2021.3.0

i have the same issue’s with danalock + conbee2 stick + ha and the only real solution is to remove the battery’s from the lock. After that it will work again for a while…

Seems to be an ongoing issue with this setup that doesn’t have a solution which is a shame.

Same here. The status is not updating.
Anyone any idea why?
When i go inside zigbeMqtt → click on the lock inside the controller panel and go to “Exposes” tab there is a refresh icon there on the state that i can click.
Then i get the correct state and it gets reported to HA. No Change otherwise.

Solution:

The solution is to go to zigbe2mqtt → go to your lock → click on it → go to Reporting and then set the endpoint for the attribute lock state.
And TADAAAA :smiley: the lock updates.

The bug is not in the lock it is on the state forwarding from zigbe broker.

Update. Tried to run it with ZHA. No luck the lock stops updating after some time. Switching back to zigbe2mqtt. There i can set the lock bindings. No idea how to do that in the ZHA.

Hi, I have just changed from ZHA to zigbee2mqtt and by default the lock ‘Reporting’ tab looks like this:

What do you mean by “set the endpoint for the attribute lock state”?

You are golden. The first entry was missing by me. Just decrease the Max rep interval to maybe 60 seconds, and it will work. Then, if it is still not working, you can bind the lock in the bind tab to a point where it gets relayed.

well after messing about with this for 6 / 7 months, mine seems to be pretty stable now.

I think the main issue here is that the Lock transmitters are really weak.

I have 3 locks and in the beginning i could never get them all working reliably at the same time. By looking at the ZHA ‘Visualisation’ / network Map in the config of the integration i can see the link quality of these devices is much lower than anything else i have. By moving the ZHA dongle nearer the devices, i found they don’t tend to stop reporting unless there is a reboot.
Although i managed to get it fairly reliable with the ZHA integration, i still had to do a ‘reconfigure’ of each lock after a restart of HA which is not too difficult in recent releases (you can do it in the device info page for the device).

In the end i did the following and it seems pretty stable, even after reboots :-

1. migrate from official ZHA integration to zigbee2mqtt.
  2. place a zigbee router near (within 2 meters) of each lock.
  3. reduce the ‘max rep interval’ of the ‘lockstate’ attribute to 600 from 3600 for each lock on the reporting tab in zigbee2mqtt.
  4. keep an eye on the lockstate attribute. i have seen it go back to the default once or twice.

Just to update anyone here - I’ve recently upgraded the lock firmware to version 0.20.0, and also upgraded my Conbee II firmware to 0x26720700. Since then the lock status has been pretty solid, haven’t really had an issue where it ‘unsyncs’. I did both upgrades at the same time so can’t say for sure which one (or both) fixed the issue, but there you go.

Anyone with the ZHA integration hint on what to change or issue command via “Manage zigbee device” option on the Device Info tab? Anything has changed in zha/danalock since last year except of firmware update to 0.20.6?

I tried setting ‘checkin_interval’ to 3600 or even 1800 in PollControl instead of original 14400, but that did not help - the attribute value was reset to its original after some time and lock stopped providing the status, though I could still see the ‘Checkin Event Fired’ in the Logbook.

Is there any ZHA alternative to the zigbee2mqtt solution changing the lock attribute reporting interval in ZHA?