Danfoss Icon Floor Heating - Are the Danfoss room thermostat needed?

I have been looking around for how to automate my in-floor heating in my house. While I admire how algirdasc have done it here My approach to smart heating (radiators, floor heating, gas boiler) I must say I prefer a more off the shelves solution if possible.

Therefore I am looking towards Danfoss Icon masterregulator with a zigbee module. However, I hope to avoid investing in the Danfoss room thermostats and use my existing Aqara temperature sensors. I have read up on what is exposed, Danfoss Icon control via MQTT | Zigbee2MQTT, but I can’t figure out from that if it is possible to “request” heat on one of the channels via Zigbee. Does anyone have a Danfoss Icon floor heating set up without the room thermostats? Or a normal setup but the ability to test it?

I know I won’t get a lot of the Danfoss features (night reduction, don’t heat if the window is open, ect.) without the full setup, but part of the fun for me is finetuning those things myself.

No one with a Danfoss Icon setup that can help me out?

Hey,

Did you figure it out?

I currently have a Danfoss Icon Master, but with RF Thermostats some with IR in my rooms.

Was looking at the ZigBee module to replace the App module. But I’m interested in knowing if you can control the exact same in the rooms without the Danfoss Thermostats. I do also have the Xiaomi sensors which does a realiable job.

I will keep the Termostats that have infrared, so I can benefit from that.

I have a similar system: MasterController + RF IR thermostats, currently using the App module and Danfoss Icon app controlled only using their cloud. To check the system’s behavior, I also use Xiaomi bluetooth thermostats.

Did you manage to try the zigbee module with HomeAssistant?

Hi Kovlo,

Not yet - might we a winter-buy to change the App module with the zigbee one.
Will update if/when I get it.

1 Like

Hi @Yoinkz !
I have found a relevant topic on Danfoss + HA : Zigbee herman converter - Danfoss Icon Floor Heating - #25 by Radiotechniman

1 Like