Danfoss Icon integration

Right now I don’t find any integration for the danfoss icon floor heating system. There are some workarounds setting up openhab and / or using zigbee and MQTT but this all seems a very complex setup. Therefore an integration for the danfoss icon floor heating system would be great. Mostly by using the app module but if it’s simpler also the zigbee module would be a win. My system right now is using the app module and a master and slave system with a total of 10 thermostats.

Kinds

Edit: Here are some threads to workarounds, which for me seems not that easy to accomplish:

If you can use zigbee module and the Danfoss Ally gateway, this (cloud based) integration works well and it is easy to install: GitHub - MTrab/danfoss_ally: Danfoss Ally integration for Home Assistant

The most important to this approach is the build date/type number of your MasterControl. If it is younger than 2019.07, zigbee module should work.

With it you can get thermostat controls to HA and nice history plots of the temperature and heating status:

I’ve recently released Danfoss Icon Home Assistant add-on which works with app module and is much easier to install and setup. Feel free to try.

1 Like

@soundvibe Thanks a lot, just got a first installtion up and running. Seems to work pretty well, just had a spike on all four sensors connected to the slave controller showing the current temperature at -321 degress. But after 3 to 5 minutes it changed to the correct value and seems to stay correct.

Kinds

Edit: For all other readers: This setup is working well with the APP module!

1 Like

I suppose the ally gateway is required to do this?

No need for ally gateway, it works with app module.