Darksky error 403, possibly related to 0.94.1

Since updating from 0.94 to 0.94.1, my Hassio system has been unable to connect to Darksky with error 403. Is anyone else seeing this issue?

Working here. No errors in my log or nothing.

1 Like

Now working. I tried restarting Home Assistant again this morning (sixth time since the update to 0.94.1), and Darksky connected right away with no error. I don’t know if it’s the restarts or something else.

1 Like

The 403 Forbidden error is an HTTP status code which means that accessing the page or resource you were trying to reach is absolutely forbidden for some reason. This article contains basic troubleshooting instructions for 403 Forbidden errors .

Possibly over your API limit?

Thanks for the response, but no. I should have mentioned my troubleshooting steps. Apart from the restarts, I checked the API call amount vs the allowed limit and also checked that the API token was still valid.

Same issues here! 0.94.1 >> Crash with my Darksky… :confused: I had reboot but I always have the error

1 Like

I can’t say why–or if it’s even related–but mine finally worked after 5-6 restarts, the last of which was several hours after the others.

1 Like

No problem, I awaiting :slight_smile:

Same problem here. Sometimes it works, but most of the time it doesnt load and the log says error 403.