Darksky stopped working? Config check going on a never ending loop

Is it just me or Darksky just stopped working?

I am aware that Darsky was acquired by Apple as noted here, although it should still be available to existing users like myself.

However now if I check the config it keeps going in a loop.

I isolated the issue by commenting everything in my config and uncommenting bit by bit while performing a config check at each step and that led to Darsky being the problem.

Darksky free trial states that 1000 calls/day (snapshot from Darsky dashboard below) are allowed and I am definitely below that threshold so that can’t be the issue.

Is anybody else experiencing this issue?
What weather platform is reliable in your experience?

Weather platforms depend too much on where you live for anybody else to give blanket suggestions.

That said, I’ve got DarkSky and currently no issues. The config check doesn’t connect to any API either, so the problem is local to your install.

Thanks for the prompt reply. I suspected there might be something else going on with my config.

Unless you changed scan_interval, the default is every 2 minutes which is around 720 calls/day.

Not sure what the issue was but darksky came back to normal. @123 thanks for the tip I double checked to make sure it only does 1call/hour just in case.