Dashboard chapter 2: Let’s redesign the cards together!

Update: Found the tablets were running Android 11. Updated them to Lineage OS 21 (Android 14) and all sections appear properly formatted (hidden).

Potentially found a bug with section visibility when using Kiosk Browser. How do I get this info to the dashboard developers?

Having an issue where hidden sections take space when using Fully Kiosk browser as documented here.

Below are screenshots of my specific issue. The box in red is not visible when using Safari or Chrome but when using Fully Kiosk it is rendered and taking space. The blue box should be where the red box is.

Disagree. And your derisive ‘some developer’ comment raises my hackles.

@Janver448 How did you got rid of the section titles?

Just don’t type anything into them and they won’t be there.

1 Like

what card are you using for the date and time? I have currently sidebar on my tablet and I would like to re-do it with the sections. thanks

I have been using home assistant about 5 years. I am fairly technically literate and have decades of professional experience in an IT adjacent industry. after getting over the learning curve I was able to do what I wanted in HA fairly easily. All of these changes recently to “improve” the UX and UI feels like I’m now being forced use a kids speak and spell to write 2000 lines of complex nested IF/THEN statements. Every time I see an improvement from Home Assistant I add air quotes around it.

things don’t just “break”, lazy developers who are so excited to try new things intentionally break them because they think everyone is excited to try new things. Most users prefer stable systems that just work and hate when someone else breaks things in their house on a random tuesday afternoon.

Not quite so, old badges did not display the zone name in full, they shortened them, also did not display units of measurement, for example alerts for GDACS, or pending updates, new ones display and take up a lot of space, but this is absolutely not necessary. And there is no option to display without units of measurement.

It’s quite old but still works well.

1 Like

I may be the only one, but I don’t really like the changes to the size of the icons and features.

• Icon size: 40px → 36px
  • Feature height : 40px → 42px

The icons, in my opinion, are now almost too small on mobile phones, as they also perform actions (such as turning the light on/off). Depending on the screen size, they can be difficult to tap.

And i find the current difference in icon size compared to the feature size (height) less aesthetically pleasing than before, when both had the same height.

This also leads to inconsistencies, as when using entity pictures in the entities card, they still have the “old” size and are therefore significantly larger than the icons.

I understand that, among the reduction of the row height, should make the cards more space-saving overall, but unfortunately I don’t welcome this change in icon and feature sizes so much.

1 Like