Space between sections when using cards with visible conditions setup on Amazon Fire HD8 Tablet (Fully Kiosk)

I’m in the process of redoing my wall mounted tablet dashboard using the built-in Home Assistant “sections”. One issue I’m having is if I configure a card within a section to only be visible if a condition is met, the space that the card would occupy if the condition was true is always being occupied. This is only happening on my Amazon Fire HD8 tablets (using Fully Kiosk) and is not an issue on my computer (Mac) using Safari.

Here’s a screenshot in edit mode that shows what the interface looks like when my security system is armed. The camera feeds will display along with the alarm keypad. The camera feeds are using a grid card and it should only be visible if the security system is armed.

The issue is when the security system is disarmed (so the camera grid cards should not be visible), it appears the space the grid card occupies is still being occupied, causing a big space between the first and second row of sections.

If I apply the visibility condition to the entire section, it’s not an issue. It seems to only be an issue if you apply the visibility condition to a card within a section and again, only on my Amazon Fire HD8 tablets (not on my Mac using Safari).

Any tips/pointers on how I might fix this? Or is this something that would have to be fixed on the HA side?

1 Like

encountering the exact same issue. But only on my tablet. On the phone, the problem does not exist.

Update: Found the tablets were running Android 11. Updated them to Lineage OS 21 (Android 14) and all sections appear properly formatted (hidden) in Fully Kiosk Browser.

Same issue. Safari and Chrome on Mac properly hide sections. Fully Kiosk on tablet leaves a small-ish blank space for each hidden section.

Anyone find a solution?