Dashboard password

Hello,

I have installed ESPHome on PROXMOX as an LXC container. Is there any way to secure the DASHBOARD with a login and password?

Based on this, I would say that you should pass USERNAME and PASSWORD in your environment when running esphome. Getting Started with the ESPHome Command Line — ESPHome

2 things, I assume you haven’t exposed esphome to anything other than a home lan, and therefore do you really need to password it?

Second, if you used tteck’s proxmox install script for the container, the esphome instance is started by a script that is installed in the container and defined here

Thanks for the reply. ESPHome only works on LAN, but my kids are getting more skilled. I did the installation using a script from this site.

I thought I could add or modify some YAML file to make it work. Right now, it seems like my only options are VLAN or firewall within Proxmox and defining which IP addresses it can connect to. It would be great to add a login panel like in ZigBee2MQTT.

I remember that. I made the mistake of telling my son how to access the music system …

Have you tried passing the environment variables I suggested?

Hey, I haven’t tried it yet because, honestly, I don’t know where to put it. As you noticed, I don’t use Docker.

If you could tell us exactly how you installed the lxc it might help.

From this esphome

Then see my earlier comment.

I’m sorry, I feel so stupid, I just needed to go to the script creator’s website and use the search engine.

Thank you for your help and have a nice day.