Dashboard: Sonos card

Wonderful work friend, it’s great. Everything seems correct to me. The only thing I don’t know is point n.4, which I don’t know how to add an icon that is not mdi to an entity. Can you clarify how to do it? As always, thank you very much for the work you do, I find it incredible.

Install this one in HACS GitHub - elax46/custom-brand-icons: Custom brand icons for Home Assistant

1 Like

love the new card. Is there a way to switch the input of the soundbar to TV again?

Same as before. From documentation GitHub - johanfrick/custom-sonos-card at v6

customSources: # Main use case is probably to set tv media player to play TV sound
  media_player.tv: # set this to 'all' to show the custom source for all players
    - title: TV
      thumbnail: https://cdn-icons-png.flaticon.com/512/716/716429.png
1 Like

I have addressed the first bullet in your post. Please try it out in this release: v6_alpha-6.

Regarding the second bullet, I am quite unsure if that can be handled in a good way unfortunately.

1 Like

I don’t know how to change the entity even if I installed it, can you be generous and give me a hand?, and also how to do it in the groups, I don’t know where you can define to change the icon. Thanks in advance.

1. Settings
  2. entities
  3. select your media player
  4. Click the cogwheel
  5. Update icon field
1 Like

Wonderful, I don’t know how I can thank you for all the work. Thank you.

BMC ?
:grin:

Wonderful :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

1 Like

Excellent, @PunxsutawneyPhil! Thank you!

1 Like

Fixed this now, please try with v6_alpha-7

1 Like

Works perfectly! Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is an awesome card! Would love to also see support for casting devices. I understand that this is a sonos card, and that casting devices will not benefit from the grouping capabilities. But there is no universal media-player out there looking as nice as this! :star_struck:

I know it’s possible to group predefined speakers in the living room and put them under a button.

Something like this”

predefinedGroups:
  - name: Woonkamer en Keuken
    entities:
      - media_player.homecinema
      - media_player.tv
      - media_player.erker
      - media_player.tafel
      - media_player.keuken
  - name: Alleen Woonkamer
    entities:
      - media_player.homecinema
      - media_player.tv
      - media_player.erker
      - media_player.tafel

But what I miss is the ability to set a predefined volume per speaker as well. For example my homecinema speakers get the volume 3, the kitchen volume 9, erker volume 5, tafel volume 4. I never can set the starting volume anywhere.

@PunxsutawneyPhil
Can this being add at the V6 version which you are developing now? Or is this available already for the V5.x Sonos Card?

That’s a great suggestion. I’ll see when there is time to build it, but probably after the initial v6 release (non-beta).
Feel free to create an issue in Github for it.

Yeah, would be nice for sure. I’m assuming it will be quite a big job, and will not be looked into before the first (non-beta) release of v6.
Feel free to create an issue in Github for it.

Hi,

Great card!

I wonder if there’s any option to support Linkplay devices with this card…

Hi Phil,

for me this is one of the best cards in the home assistant universe, you deserve absolute respect for the development.
But please don’t make the mistake of responding to all the requests here and overloading the card with too many features.
It’s a card for Sonos and you’ve made it so perversely cool that I no longer use the original Sonos app.

many many thanks…

Greetings
Moss

Wow, Moss! Thanks for those beautiful words. Really encouraging :hugs:
Very true what you sant about overloading. It is actually one of the reasons why I created v6, to simplify and clean it up.