Dashboard user visibility not working through UI but works through Yaml

Hello,

I’m trying to restrict some dashboard views through UI, however it automatically reset the button to previous status.

Change through yaml directly is working fine.

This is the part o UI referred:

When clicking the button it changes and automatically come back to original status.
On the above the users have been disabled through yaml by adding manually the visible user.

The same has been tested in a new empty dashboard and result is the same.

HA System:

• HA 2024.3.0 on HassOS 12.0
  • 9 users with a mix of local / cloud / admin

Modification tried rom Win11 / Chrome

HA Log:

Enregistreur: frontend.js.latest.202403060
Source: components/system_log/__init__.py:306
S'est produit pour la première fois: 06:57:05 (29 occurrences)
Dernier enregistrement: 08:42:34

Uncaught error from Chrome 122.0.0.0 on Windows 10 TypeError: Cannot add property visible, object is not extensible _viewVisibilityChanged (src/panels/lovelace/editor/view-editor/hui-dialog-edit-view.ts:475:29) call (src/lit-html.ts:2018:28) dispatchEvent (src/common/dom/fire_event.ts:76:7) newVisible (src/panels/lovelace/editor/view-editor/hui-view-visibility-editor.ts:136:14) call (src/lit-html.ts:2018:28) dispatchEvent (mwc-switch-base.ts:121:13)
Uncaught error from Chrome 122.0.0.0 on Windows 10 TypeError: Cannot assign to read only property 'visible' of object '#<Object>' _viewVisibilityChanged (src/panels/lovelace/editor/view-editor/hui-dialog-edit-view.ts:475:29) call (src/lit-html.ts:2018:28) dispatchEvent (src/common/dom/fire_event.ts:76:7) newVisible (src/panels/lovelace/editor/view-editor/hui-view-visibility-editor.ts:136:14) call (src/lit-html.ts:2018:28) dispatchEvent (mwc-switch-base.ts:121:13)
Uncaught error from Chrome 122.0.0.0 on Windows 10 TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'removeEventListener') renderHeading (src/components/ha-dialog.ts:53:24) apply (src/scoped-custom-element-registry.js:262:44) mainWindow.history.pushState (src/dialogs/make-dialog-manager.ts:129:7)

Anyone else experiencing the same?

Thanks
Alain

1 Like

I’m experiencing exactly the same issue since I’ve updated to 2024.3.0.

1 Like

There is a registered issue and it seems to be solved by PR.

Thanks for the response.

Can you share the link as I can’t find it on GitHub

I do not have it; there are couple of same issues, search by “visibility”.

Ahhhhhh… I’ve just spent “ages” (maybe 10 mins :grin:) trying to modify a dashboard… glad it’s not just me

BTW - here’s the link: [2024.3.0] Editing visibility of a dashboard does not work anymore #20010

Looks like it’s all fixed and merged, just waiting for it to be tested and released to us…

I still have the problem by the way…

I do not think there is an official HA update with a fix. So far I see only 2024.3.0.

That’s my version and it’s not working

Probably it will be fixed in some forthcoming release. In 2024.3.0 this bug was observed 1st time - i.e. this version definitely contains the bug.

1 Like

FYI, just checked and this appears to be working now.