Dasshio - Amazon Dash Buttons Hass.io add-on

You haven’t actually followed the template in the docs, you’ve left characters out and ignored the spacing. Using your example it should look like this…

{
  "timeout": 20,
  "buttons": [
  {
    "name": "test",
    "address": "c:55:ae:ch:f3:9a",
    "domain": "light",
    "service": "toggle",
    "service_data": "{\"entity_id\": \"light.bedroom\"}"
  }]
}

Did the log really say “http://hassio/homeassistant/api/services/lamp/toggle” ?

@danimtb, the domain should be “light” should it not?

yes, thanks a lot @Bobby_Nobble. That should be the configuration to use @mskrohn

The Dasshio part I have working, I don’t need help with that part. My issue is when this request is sent out

http://hassio/homeassistant/api/services/light/toggle

nothing happens because I don’t know how to set up the Hassio Addon Communication. Maybe this is more of a how do I set up REST API or the Hassio Addon Communication?

On the contrary, your config is wrong and not working.

There is no more to setting it up than that and, as confirmed by the best source for info ie the guy who created it, you need to do it as I showed you. I even made it cut and paste for you.

I think you are over thinking it.

In the hassio add on type exactly what @Bobby_Nobble wrote in his post above into the config box. Save it and start the add-on that’s it.

If there’s a problem you will see in the logs from the add-on.

Because it’s Json you have to fill the template exactly as shown

If you have tried the example from the github page it proves the issue is your config.

I think the way the add on works is it converts the json formatted config into the http string you are talking about. That’s why you don’t need to worry about that only that the config you have typed is correctly formatted and refers to the correct domain as others have already said

@danimtb

Ive been using Dasshio for some time now and love it!

Following an HA meltdown which required a rebuild two days ago I couldn’t get Dasshio to start and I assumed it was a problem with my rebuild or snapshot, or something…

But the new HassOS came out yesterday so I completely rebuilt again and still dasshio will not install so as it is a fresh build right down to the OS I am guessing it might actually be something to do with t he add-on. Can you please offer any suggestions?

I’d be very grateful as I really want this add-on back as it is brilliant. And my wife loves it :slight_smile:

Showing it installed and supposedly started

But it is not started on the Dashboard

And the log is empty (after pressing REFRESH)

For completeness…

Have just installed a fresh hass.io with hassOS. Will try to fix dasshio before the end of this week. thanks for reporting and glad you like it! :smile:

1 Like

Ah, so it is not just me.
That’s a relief!!

Thanks for responding and thanks in advance for fixing it - from my wife too!! :slight_smile:

There’s probably going to be a lot of this, I’m giving it a while until I see reports of everything I rely on is working.

Yes but I think in this case it is something with the add-on as it failed to load with a rebuild two days ago on HA on ResinOS.

But yes, I suspect there will be a few things ‘broken’.
So far I haven’t had anything else yet though :slight_smile:

I was trying to use it today for the first time and I think I’m having the same issue. I’ve gone through a ton of trouble shooting and it has to be this. Have you found a way to fix it?

@wshankles

@danimtb has said he/she will try to do so. Give him/her a few days (at least :slight_smile:)

Gotcha. Didn’t see that. Thanks!

I’m also seeing the exact same issue on my end here. Love the addon and hope to see its return shortly!

Installed it for the first time but its not startig and i’m still on ResinOS

Love this add-on @danimtb, it’s my favorite, thanks for putting in the time to make it awesome for everyone.

I too just did a fresh rebuild of my system after a meltdown over the weekend (still using ResinOS with the rebuilt system though, figured I’d wait a little while before trying the new HassOS) and I can’t get the add-on to start. I’m wondering if I restored it in the wrong order? (i.e. was I supposed to install the add-on first then restore it? Because I just straight up tried to restore the add-on after I got my rebuilt system running). Or maybe it’s something else?

1 Like

I am also in the same situation and trying to come up with a fix for all of you. Hope to have it fixed soon.

2 Likes

As you can see it’s a global problem but, as an aside, if you did a full restore it overwrites everything so you don’t need to do anymore than flash a fresh install and get the old snapshot into it’s folder by whatever means you fancy to get back to where you were before.

1 Like

Interested in this too as I fancy trying to integrate a few buttons into my home system.

I’m currently running .73.1 of hassio and I’m having the same issue whereby I can’t start the add-on.

Looking forward to seeing an update!! :slight_smile:

I guess this is an ongoing issue.

This is my traceback:

2018-07-18 18:23:24,251 | INFO | Reading config file: /data/options.json
2018-07-18 18:23:24,252 | INFO | Starting sniffing…
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/dasshio.py”, line 27, in arp_display
mac = pkt[ARP].hwsrc.lower()
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/scapy/packet.py”, line 966, in getitem
raise IndexError(“Layer [%s] not found” % lname)
IndexError: Layer [ARP] not found

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/dasshio.py”, line 149, in
count=0)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/scapy/sendrecv.py”, line 783, in sniff
if stop_filter and stop_filter§:
File “/dasshio.py”, line 29, in arp_display
mac = pkt[Ether].src.lower()
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/scapy/packet.py”, line 966, in getitem
raise IndexError(“Layer [%s] not found” % lname)
IndexError: Layer [Ether] not found

seems as if the dasshio plugin is having issues with arp requests.