DD - Automatic area-based dashboard for desktop, tablet and mobile - V3.7.0

I have been using Dwains Theme for awhile and I have searched and tried to figure this out but how and where do we need to put custom resources? I have been trying to add the HTC Flip Clock with Weather to Home Assistant to try it on a different dashboard but I cannot get it to recognize it no matter where I put it.

Thanks

1 Like

See this file: https://github.com/dwainscheeren/lovelace-dwains-theme/blob/20904b43aff53b04c57f1190db04746271cae08b/dwains-theme/resources/custom_resources-sample.yaml

It is very quite here and on Discord regarding my theme. Are there still people using it and waiting for a big update to come? Then I will make one.

I use Dwains Theme and I want an update with a lot of new features.

• Yes, I want an update :tada:
  • No, I’m happy with current version
  • No, I don’t use Dwains Theme

0 voters

Sure I use it! It’s my Main theme!

1 Like

I tend to lurk, but wanted to sign in and let you know your theme makes HA so much nicer on a phone/tablet!

Keep up the great work.

1 Like

Using it as a daily driver. Makes it a breeze controlling my home from my phone. best theme out there I would say! Keep it up!! =)

1 Like

Am I the only one thinking like this?

Do I use it? Yes - it’s on 2 phones, 4 tablets and a PC as the default dashboard.
Am I happy with it? Yes, very happy!
Do I want an update? Well - that depends on what the update is and does… Things can always be improved, but completely changing the look and feel would be a ‘big’ update that I don’t want. I’ve made a few changes to theme to get it set up just how I want it - perhaps it could be more extensible and easier to ‘customise’ but on the whole it works and looks great. What is in scope for 1.5 and 2.0?

Thanks!

1 Like

Use it daily. No bugs to report, documentation is very good hence the silence :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mine works flawlessly. I’ve used it on my iphone11 pro max, and my tablet.

1 Like

Using it daily on laptops, tablets and mobile. Happy for an update if you can think of improvements but does the job just fine for me at the moment. Thanks for your hard work :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is it OK to update to 4.13?

1 Like

4.13? of which version you mean

yes it is ok

2 Likes

he was talking about the OS version.

btw, did u really ask if we still use your theme? pff, bro, ofc we do!

3 Likes

Sorry, I should’ve included Home Assistant.

Thanks

1 Like

Is it possible to change the friendly names of lights and other information. As an example, when viewing a room that has 2 lights on a smaller screen, it creates two columns of buttons and if you have descriptive names for the lights such as “living room light” and “living room lamp” it cuts the last few letters off. I would like to show just “light” and “lamp” as you know which room you are already looking in. I know you can change the names through the normal customization but if you have multiple rooms with a light and a lamp that makes it very hard to manage when searching for those lights in other places.

2 Likes

Just a hunch here, but maybe it’s quiet because the theme just works? Usually threads like this are literred with issues, but for the most part this theme is easy to setup and then just works as it’s supposed to.

I’m personally waiting impatiently for v1.5 hoping that sexy new weather page is going to be implemented :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi to any Aussies on the forum that are using davidfw1960 bom-weather-card did you get it working with this theme. I’m struggling and I’m not sure if it’s the card that has issues or my ability to get it to launch inside the theme. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 Like

I’m still here (and missed the poll) - don’t have a lot of time to tinker with my setup at the moment

1 Like

I’m still using Dwains theme everyday and love it! Can’t wait for v1.5!!

Sorry I missed the poll, been hectic at work lately but I looooooove Dwains theme!!

1 Like