Deactivate automation till specific date

It would be helpful to have a time & date to choose when deactivating an automation.
In my case I have a school bell which is mounted in the attic above the guestroom. I had to deactivate it to avoid scaring our guests but would like to activate it for the first day of school. Would be handy to have such a function.

You can create an automation to control(turn ON/OFF) the automation based on the date/time…

1 Like

Hi,

Have created this groovy panel called vacation mode where several automations are deactivated.

Well this image don’t tell anything, so here it goes what I have behind the scenes.

In the red circle I select “Call Service”, I know in the image is something different, that weird words are portuguese, my native language.

Then, in the blue circle I choose Automation:Toggle.

Then I selected the automations I wanted to affect with button. When I press the button they are deactivated, when I return I press the button again and every get back to normal.

You only have to find/ choose any triggered object by calendar to do this trick.

Home Assistant is awesome… (almost) everybody using it in his mother tongue.

I know about the possibilities to toggle or control automations via another automation. Or using a scene or using a reminder on your cellphone. But having a possibility directly in the menu where you deactivate the automation would be the easy & lazy way. Let’s call it a comfort feature.

It’s here

The challenge I foresee is more and more edge features like this, just to bloat the UI. Of course, a certain set of defaults help, but I’m not so sure this is a common case. Creating an input datetime helper and check it in a condition is very simple to do.

2 Likes