Deal on Feit/Tuya RGBW bulbs

Costco currently has Feit RGBW bulbs on sale for $5 a piece. I bought a pack when they were on sale last time and set them up with the TuyaSmart app (instead of Feit). Then I added them to HA with the Tuya Custom integration via HACS to give it full RGBW control. Everything worked without tuya-convert hardware flashing too. Hopefully this post is allowed, but it was too good of a deal not to share!

1 Like

I wonder if these bulbs have different firmware. I bought some 2-3 years ago and they had the RGB option when you long press the icons. I don’t know if the firmware updated or what but I can no longer use RGB unless I make a scene that has the color code. I install this Tuya Custom and I still can’t change the color.

I cannot change the color with the default tuya integration with these bulbs. But i will attempt the tuya custom integration.

I am able to change the color with home assistant. using the tuya_custom component.

tuya_custom:
  devices_config:
    - device_name: <Friendly Name of your device in HA> # this is mandatory with at least one of the other keys
      support_color: true # true or false, force color support for device
      brightness_range_mode: 0 # 0 = use brightness range 10-1000
                               # 1 = use brightness range 1-255
      min_kelvin: 2700 # min val = 2700 - define minumum kelvin temp accepted by the light
      max_kelvin: 6500 # max val = 6500 - define maximum kelvin temp accepted by the light
      max_tuya_temp: 10000 # min val = 10000 - define the maximum color temp reported by the light 
                           # to ajust lovelace color temp slider range