Dealing with an unreliable mosquito bridge

I have two HA nodes at home: one ( a Proxmox LXC) for all the processing and another (Pi) for the Z-Wave and Zigbee comms. The two are connected by a bridge from the main node to the subsidiary node.

The bridge is configured to exchange all messages at QoS 2 and both brokers are set to persist messages.

However, I have noticed that if I need to restart the subsidiary broker, the bridge stays disconnected until I also restart the main broker. Is there a way to have the bridge re-connected automatically?

I’m bumping this because the bridge is still unreliable. The bridge config on the primary node is:

connection docker4
address docker4.agdon.net
remote_username <name>
remote+password: <password>
topic # out 1
topic # in 1
restart_timeout: 10 30
start_type automatic

Despite this config, I regularly find that the bridge has gone down and the addon needs to be restarted.

I’m bumping this again as I think I may have found the problem - a bug in the mosquito broker used in the latest release of the addon.

See https://github.com/home-assistant/addons/issues/3164 for details.

Hopefully, somebody will see this and downgrade the broker version to 2.0.14.

In the meantime, I’ve taken a different approach.

My primary HA node runs in a Proxmox VM, so I’ve installed a dedicated mosquito broker in its own LXC. I’ve kept that one at 2.0.14 and “bridged” it to the HA brokers. In time, I might dispense with the HA broker add-on altogether and just connect everything to the LXC.