I have been at this all day and I’m back to square one…
My RPi 3b+ is dying and it it currently, barely, running my perpetually updated old Hassio install. I’ve managed to get it up to 0.105.5 but with every shutdown it’s taking longer and longer to come back up. I believe the SD card is dying, or maybe the power supply, I’m not sure exactly, but it’s not behaving correctly (aka as it has been for the past few years).
I have been trying to build up a replacement to transfer my configuration over to but so far I have been unsuccessful.
Here’s what I have tried:
- Deploy the VMDK to my VMware vSphere 6 Enterprise Plus server - NO GO - Workstation VMDK not compatible with older Enterprise version I’m running
- Deploy the VMware .OVA file to my VMware vSphere 6 Enterprise Plus server - Also, NO GO - “OVF descriptor too long”
- Installed CentOS 8 on an Lenovo ThinkCentre M72e that I have. - Check
3a. Get Python upgraded from 3.6.x to 3.8.1 - Check (kinda) Python --version report 3.8.1 HA still uses 3.6
3b. Work out the bugs with getting Homeassistant-pyozw installed/configured/working - Check
3c. Discover that the version of Home Assistant that installed is capped at 0.103.6 - WTAF??? Available versions range from 0.7rc1 to 0.103.6
All I want is to have the same type of install, with all the features I have had and have used for years on hardware that is not technically a development board! Don’t get me wrong, initially I loved the idea of doing this all on a Raspberry Pi 2, then 3, then 3b, then 3b+, but I have lost quite a few 32GB & 64GB micro SD cards to these development boards and been left high and dry when they eat the cards. Backups you say, I have them, but I still have to rebuild everything and endure the bitching of my family while everything is down and the convenience of operating our home, that we’ve all become used to, changes.
If you’re still with me, thanks for hanging in there, here’s what I’m after:
- I want Home Assistant/Hassio/HassOS/Hasbian whatever it’s called to run on a piece of production equipment, currently my ThinkCenter M72e.
- I want it to run the latest version (currently 0.109.x)
- I want the supervisor piece with the addons for Terminal & SSG, Node-Red, and MariaDB.
I have 10x RTSP cameras, a bunch of Z-wave, even more Philips Hue, and a couple handfuls of WiFi devices outlets and power strips controlled through VeSync, Tuya, and some home-made LED floor lamps.
Can someone, anyone, for the love of GOD, please tell me how to get that?
If you can help me, I’ll find a way to buy you a beer, coffee, RedBull, Monster, pack of smokes, whatever vice keeps you running.
Thanks in advance.
(Holy sh!t, where’s the Tylenol?)