Debian 12 + Supervised = curl: (6) Could not resolve host: get.docker.com

Hi,

About going nuts on installing HA on Dabian 12 (non graphic).
(GitHub - home-assistant/supervised-installer: Installer for a generic Linux system)

The command “curl -fsSL get.docker.com | sh” returns “curl: (6) Could not resolve host: get.docker.com

In same Debian version with graphical interface installed everything works.

Any ide on what could be wrong? DNS seems to work ok…

Best regards
Magnus

DNS does not work ok. See: “Could not resolve host”

Try this approach.

1 Like

Hello All

During last week-end I tried to install home assistant supervised

First on Debian 11 but it was impossible to install systemd-resolve → doesn’t exist
So I tried with Debian 12 and impossible to have a DNS resolution after install systemd-resolve → I added my DNS server in a right file and it was OK

But I have a last problem and at this time Home Assistant doesn’t work :frowning:

So my server is a VM on VMWare Server with a fixed IP address
When I install the homeassistant-supervised.deb, after reboot, the IP is remove, data network file deleted and the server use a DHCP address

Somebody has this problem ?
Any idea to solved it ?

Maybe THIS helps? :thinking:

Hi Tamsy

Thanks for your answer but I don’t loose the DNS IP in this file, I loose the Computer fixed IP and the networkfile associated

I tried around 30 installations of homeassistant, just the DEB package
Three time the fixed IP stay present, on the others installations the fixed IP has been removed

It’s very strange :confused:

To configure a fixed local IP-address on Debian 12 you can do the following (using the nmcli command here):

1. Open the CLI.
  2. Check the connection name of your Debian box:
nmcli con show

The output will look similar to the following:

Note the NAME of the active connection (with above’s example circled in red it is “Supervisor eno1”)

Lets assume the following:

• The connection name of your Debian is: Supervisor eno1
  • The fixed IP-address you want to assign to the Debian box should be: 192.168.0.100/24
  • The ipv4 address of the gateway within your LAN is: 192.168.0.1
  • The DNS server of your choice should be.: 8.8.8.8
  1. Now issue the following command on the CLI (change “Supervisor eno1” to the connection name you discovered at Step 2 above!):
sudo nmcli con mod "Supervisor eno1" ipv4.addresses 192.168.0.100/24 ipv4.gateway 192.168.0.1 ipv4.dns 8.8.8.8 ipv4.method manual
  1. To save the changes and activate the new configuration you need to reload NetworkManager:
sudo systemctl restart NetworkManager

All done and you shouldn’t “loose the Computer fixed IP” anymore after rebooting your Debian box.

I have the same problem, unfortunately that didn’t solve the problem.

@Mgk Did you solve the problem?

Fixes: a reboot fixed it🙈

1 Like

I don’t have nmcli when I start Debian installation, I change the network file /etc/network/interfaces
And I just remove dhcp and I add for example :
static
address 10.123.34.X/24
gateway 10.123.34.254
dns-nameservers 10.123.128.2
dns-search latour.pri

Now it doesnt’ matter I find on Home Assistant web site an OVA file
It’s more easier to install HA for a newbie like me at this time :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

May be I will try later your solution, but for the moment, I learn HA

This instructions did the trick unint HA changed it…

After numerous installations and testing with the “dig” command to test the dns (package: bind9-utils in debian 12), I found what was preventing DNS resolution.

It’s the “systemd-resolved” package! Don’t install it and everything will be fine. You won’t get the error again.

… which probably presents you with an “Unsupported” HA installation since Systemd-Resolved is a prerequisite for HA Supervised.

For a better way to resove the issue follow THIS link.