Debian download for odroid n2+

where can i download a version of debian for the odroid n2+? preferably with desktop

Search google, this has nothing to do with Home Assistant.
If you plan to install HA Supervised afterwards, Iā€™d highly recommend a headless install not a desktop.

1 Like

So home assistant supports running from debian. So it very much has to do with home assistant. I googled which version I was supposed to use though and figured it out already, and choose an xfce4 desktop. Now Iā€™m just trying to figure out how to Install TeamViewer.

Actually, HA did not have any correlations with Debian. Itā€™s just supported systems. Debian 10 only when you want to run the Supervised version only.

But you can always run HA on any Linux as long you run HA Core or Docker

The fact that home assistant specifically supports debian is, in and of itself, a correlation. Thatā€™s why I was looking for the operating system image. If you feel otherwise you can feel free to not participate in this discussion However I donā€™t see why this information shouldnā€™t be available on the forum for other people to use or why this wouldnā€™t be the place to ask the question. Home assistant specifically states debian being supported. This is a forum for home assistant. That states debian is supported. They are related. There is a correlation.

The idea is that you are very much likely to get an answer in the odroid forums than here.

Excel runs on Windows, do you expect to get an answer about where to find a Windows version for your Intel NUC on a Excel forum? :upside_down_face:

Why do you need a desktop version for running Home Assistant?

Why do you need TeamViewer on your Home Assistant machine?

Umm to remote in, and to remote in, respectively. To then manage it with a gui and do things other than run a home assistant. Iā€™d rather a computer and a home assistant then just a home assistant. I can run kodi or just use chromium to watch Plex on a tv. This thing is a beefcake and I can use it for whatever now. I already installed a mumble server on it.

You can remote in with SSH and for most stuff you have a web interface to configure the stuff via UI anyway.
The Odroid is beefy, but it also has its limits reached fast. Running other things besides Home Assistant is not supported as stated here, you are going to run into troubles running kodi, and other things on the same machine.

Oh. Well idk I thought having two HVAC fans circulating air and the built in fan it comes with would be ok. Itā€™s in the same cabinet as an i7 mini PC I cool down with the fans. Is it not powerful enough for that or is it an interference kinda thing? I thought docker kinda mainly eliminated that sorta thing bc itā€™s like a virtual machine.

Be advised that whatever else you run on the same machine must not interfere with how Home Assistant uses certain resources. The Supervisor actively checks for incompatibilities and, if discovered, will indicate the instance is ā€˜unsupportedā€™. If itā€™s an extreme incompatibility, the instance is tagged as ā€˜unhealthyā€™ and Supervisor will then refuse to permit upgrades of Home Assistant and Add-ons until itā€™s resolved.

For more information, refer to ADR-0014:

Oh hot damn. Is mumble a problem?

Beats me; youā€™re likely to find out soon enough.

As far as I know, thereā€™s no published list of incompatible applications. Based on comments in this forum, I know Watchtower is incompatible.

Try it, I donā€™t know.

Just realised that as well as Debian both that and HA run on a computer thingy and need electricity ā€¦so a triple correlation ā€¦ you should probably buy a lottery ticket this week. :yawning_face:

Home Assistant supports running on Windows and MacOS too but they are not supported here.

If itā€™s related to home assistant it seems that the question would be something to ask on here too. Itā€™s a forum not customer service. Idk y your getting worked up about asking a question. The answer would help other people trying to do the same thing so I donā€™t understand the downside. I couldnā€™t find a docker image of mumble server I could install as an addon so this was how I did it :man_shrugging: if home assistant supported everything I needed that would be cool but I donā€™t see why I should run so many machines. Also yes ā€œxappoā€ they do use electricity. This is why I donā€™t wanna run multiple machines. If I was asking about a good ups system for a machine running home assistant it would be useful to see what people on the forum had to say. Maybe theirs a ups that has a smart feature compatible with the home assistant so it knows when to power down or make backups to prevent data loss :man_shrugging:

Therein lies the issue. Ask it in a more appropriate forum/context. Filling this forum with non HA specific questions tires everyone and makes this forum overall less responsive

It also creates an archive of information available that allows people to find answers without having to post a question. Because the answer is already there. If the question I ask is tiring you out you donā€™t have to answer, and responsiveness would be less necessary if the information is more available due to someone already asking the question. Like me.

Also, again, it is related to home assistant. So it is home assistant specific. Like I found out buster was the one compatible and now that information is on here.