DeCONZ: Automations get stuck ever since Core 2023.8 (or 2023.7.3)

As reported here extensively, there has been a problem with automations getting stuck since updating to core 2023.8. The problem is a total showstopper (requiring rebooting), that is why I (and others) had to roll back to an older version of the HA core. My stuck automations all rely on DeCONZ devices. That’s why I have been urged to get in touch with the kind people working on the DeCONZ integration. Hope this is a good place to reach them.

It seems like the problem was also addressed on Github (here). However, the issue was closed without an obvious solution. The discussion diverged to Z-Wave JS which apparently caused similar problems. However, according to this issue the problem has been solved for Z-Wave JS. Perhaps this could serve as guide to also solve the problem with the DeCONZ integration.

Allen Porter comments here: " For zha maintainers, some context in #98073 (comment) and PR #98501 – service calls used to have a default timeout and now we’d like to fix the root cause of the issue and ensure that integration services calls don’t hang forever or resolve the underlying root cause."

The problem for me is confined to automations relying on DeCONZ, although manually manipulating the DeCONZ devices through Lovelace is no problem at all. Unlike first thought in the original thread, this has nothing to do with automations restarting themselves. It happens with all kinds of automations.

Please do help if you can! It has been almost three months of hoping without really any light at the end of the tunnel, yet.

Hello

Please report issues on GitHub as that is the proper place to do so, expecting developer actions on issues through the forums are not recommended :slight_smile: . It was purely luck I stumbled on this as I was browsing the forum.

/R