Deconz(conbee 2) can't find Hue bulbs (solved)

Hi All,

This is the first time i’ve tried using the Conbee 2 or Deconz. When i try to add the Hue bulbs to Phoscon it just doesn’t find them. I’m relatively new to HA so i could really use some help.

Info:

• HA running on a rasberry pi 4 (this all works fine with many other devices).
  • New Conbee 2 connected to the USB 2 ports of the raspberry pi via a ~1m usb extension cable (less than 5cm from the hue bulb). Gateway listed as ConBee 2 version 2.05.75 / 3/8/2020. Device in config is “/dev/ttyACM0”, using the longer device id lists the device as a RasBee in Phoscon and also doesnt work.
  • 3x Hue bulbs (i believe gen 1) originally connected to the V1 hue bridge, all bulbs deleted from the hue bridge app to reset them. Tried turning these off and on before and during the lights scan.

I get the following error listed in the supervisor, not sure if it’s related:
20-05-12 02:46:16 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.api.ingress] Ingress error: None

I don’t have any other zigbee devices to test the conbee2 with. Any help before i pull all my hair out would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

I think this could be an issue. Have you tried it with the stick directly in the RPI usb2 port, without the cable? If that still doesn’t work you could try a laptop or desktop just with the deconz software?

Plugging the conbee directly into the Pi was the first way i tried, the results are the same.
I tried both usb 2 and usb 3 ports with and without the usb extension, no change.

I also tried all 3 ‘Device’ options taken from the supervisor hardware info:

/dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE2153499-if00

• Device listed as RaspBee in Phoscon, no lights found

/dev/ttyACM0

• Device listed as Conbee 2 in Phoscon, no lights found

/dev/ttyAMA0

• Device listed as RaspBee in Phoscon, no lights found

I’ll connect the conbee 2 up to a PC and see if i can get it to work that way.

I attempted to add the lights on a windows 10 PC and the result was the same, device was listed as ConBee 2 phoscon but found no lights. From this i’m assuming this might be an issue with the Hue lights? Passably they were not properly reset, though i’m not sure i can do anything else with those other than re-add to the hub and delete again.

Hay bro

do you have the hue remote and a ladder LOL

flick the light on/off 5 times press the I 0 about 5cm from light should flash

now goto deconz goto lights click add new light and pray , pray

should find it.

then the hard bit

back to HA and goto service and

put your ID

bla

hit the call service

job done

I picked up a dimmer switch from the hardware store and the reset process fixed it, looks like the Hue app does not properly reset the bulbs.

Thanks for the assistance.

I think the hue app will only find hue still I just use ha