Deconz Conbee II Xiaomi switch integration in Home Assistant not possible

I have installed Home Assistant Home Assistant 0.95.4 and Conbee II.
In the Phoscon App, I have added a Philips Hue bulb, a Osram bulb and two Xiaomi switches (WXKG01LM).
As you can see, in the Phoscon App everything works fine. But in Home Assistant it doesn’t.

In Home Assistant it is only possible to use the lights. As you can see, the lights can be used with their entity name (light.philipshue1 and light.osram1).

The problem is, that the switches are not usable. There is no usable entity name. Only the sensor of the battery capacity is usable in home assistant.
I don’t know, how I can use these switches in Home Assistant.
Can anybody help?

You need to integrate them into HA using an event listener, under developer options go to events and select the deconz_event, start listening and press your switches, you should see output, you can then use this in HA for your scripts and automations.

Here is my doorbell:

- id: doorbell
  alias: DOORBELL
  trigger:
  - event_data:
      event: 1002
      id: doorbell
    event_type: deconz_event
    platform: event
  - event_data:
      event: 1002
      id: doorbell_inside
    event_type: deconz_event
    platform: event
  condition: []
  action:
  - data: {}
    service: script.doorbell
  initial_state: 'on'

I don’t know, how this works.

I cannot select the Deconz event. Could you explain it to me?

Look at the remote control instructions at https://www.home-assistant.io/components/deconz/ if you follow the set up instructions carefully it should be easy enough, I think I had all my stuff up and running in less than an hour.

If everything is set up you should be able to just type in deconz_event and listen at the bottom, press your switches and you should get an output.

Thank you very much.
But can you tell me where I can find apps.yaml and deconz_helper.py. I installed with hass.io Add-on Store.

Those are specifically for Appdaemon. If your are using Appdaemon you have to create them, as that part of the gude directs.

is there no easier way to use my Xiaomi switches with deconz?

The integration is already easy. I have 4 of them and they work great, not using the Appdaemon piece you were looking at or any of that.

The question you have has already been asked and answered. Take a look at this post:

Thank you very much. Now it works.
I ve made a tutorial - its in German language.

1 Like