Deconz group and find members if that group

When I create a group in phoscon(deconz), HA sees that group as 1 light. (with attribute is_deconz_group True)
When I create a group in HA itself, there are methods to find group members.
But, for groups, created in deconz, not. Or do I miss something?

You are not missing anything, you can’t find the members of a deconz light group in HA.

I thought so… :frowning:
The Deconz rest api itself, supports it though
eg:
GET 192.168.2.3/api/bridgeid/groups/8 returns:

"action": {
        "alert": "none",
        "bri": 255,
        "colormode": "hs",
        "ct": 0,
        "effect": "none",
        "hue": 0,
        "on": true,
        "sat": 127,
        "scene": null,
        "xy": [
        ]
    },
    "devicemembership": [],
    "etag": "4e1b19d4c033b8f4ad8e7a2bb72bcada",
    "id": "8",
    "lights": [
        "3",
        "6",
        "7",
        "9",
        "10",
        "11"
    ],
    "name": "Eetkamertafel Spots",
    "scenes": [],
    "state": {
        "all_on": false,
        "any_on": false
    },
    "type": "LightGroup"
}

so, the lights in the group are 3, 6, 7 , 9, 10

e.g. GET 192.168.2.3/api/bridgeid/lights/3 gives me:

{
    "colorcapabilities": 31,
    "ctmax": 500,
    "ctmin": 153,
    "etag": "c36f64f023fd06032494cafc3f58be8b",
    "hascolor": true,
    "lastannounced": "2021-07-22T05:52:39Z",
    "lastseen": "2021-07-22T05:52Z",
    "manufacturername": "Philips",
    "modelid": "LCT003",
    "name": "Eetkamertafel Spot 1",
    "state": {
        "alert": "none",
        "bri": 254,
        "colormode": "ct",
        "ct": 366,
        "effect": "none",
        "hue": 14988,
        "on": true,
        "reachable": false,
        "sat": 141,
        "xy": [
        ]
    },
    "swversion": "5.130.1.30000",
    "type": "Extended color light",
    "uniqueid": "00:17:88:01:03:5a:96:3d-0b"
}

So everything is available in deconz…
let’s hope, one day,… the deconz integration can do this…
It already knows if a “light” entity is a deconz_group or not… Only one attr with the groupmembers in it would already be enough…

Anyway, thanks for answering!

What is the use case for this? Maybe there’s another way that satisfies your needs.

deconz supports it, native HA groups have it, so, it would be nice, that the integration has it too
use cases: the same as for HA groups.
plus:
-I already saw a few scripts, that used HA groups, and did something with the group members. When I wanted to use the deconz groups, … the group members were not available…

• Since, even if one light is ‘on’, the group is ‘on’. But, there’s no way to check the full group is ‘on’
  • giving different colors to group lights, or do different things with lights in a group…
  • I have an app in pyscript where i can specifiy in the settings a light, lightgroup. But, in my script, I can’t check, if one of the lights is already in a group…

I agree it would be nice, but I still don’t see a specific usecase.

Why do you need to know if the full group is on?

I don’t see why you need a group for this, if you anyway want to color the individual lights it contains differently, then you just call the service for the individual light.

What does this app do, that requires you to know whether the light is already in a group?

Don’t get me wrong, I just want to see a specific usecase in order to see if this issue can be solved differently. I totally agree that it would be a nice addition to show the members of the grouo as an attribute.

The whole point is that a group is kind of a “variable”. Let’s say I want to check lights of a group (because it’s ‘unvailable’, (broken), ‘off’, it would be nice to retrieve the members of that group, and check.
I can check them individually, yes, and tomorrow I add a light, remove a light, and I need to change my code.
or, let’s say I want "party lights’. A group with in which the colors of the lights get a random color. I can call a service “turn_on” for every light. Tomorrow I change the group. (add/remove lights), and I have have to change my code.
For my last example, the app… I can specify in the settings of the app (pyscript), lights and lightgroups.
Would be nice to check, if a specified light is already in a group that is also specified. Yes, I can see that when programming, but again, when changing groups, I don’t want to change my code again.
Groups make my code more “generic”.
Looking at the questions in the forums, I see a lot of people a working with group members…
Anyway, Ha provides functions to look up group members. So, in the end, it’s nothing more than logical to be able to retrieve group members from a deconz group.
for now, a deconz group is to HA just a light with extra attribute is_deconz_group=True…

So. Groups, groups,groups,…
Is this fixed now?

deCONZ group support sure is taking a while. Staying hopeful though.