Deconz in HA does not detect NEW device - but can connect to them

Good morning,

I am new in this community (as a member) but I have been searching and reading through it for quite a long time now.

I come to you with an issue I can’t find an explanation for.

In my signature, you have some description of the system I run with.
My issue is the following : deconz (with phoscon Web UI) can’t detect new devices.

During my troubleshooting and to overcome this, I tested with the PC (Windows 7)
I plugged the key in my PC and ran desconz-phoscon, and it detected properley the devices (light and sensors . I configured them as I wished, no limitation.
Then I saved the configuration (shift+click on the config button).
And back to HA.
I plugged the key back into the Pi4, started deconz, and bang, I see properly the previously detected devices.

But, now, I would like to be able to add devices with unpluging -repluging the conbee II each time.
but I can’t manage.

I am pretty sure it has something to do with my docker Home-assistant installation, but I can’t find a solution.
In particular, I saw many posts about adding/changing things in the docker-compose.yml, but I can’t find such a full anywhere on the raspbian of my Pi.

So indeed, I have two questions :
-each time my Pi restart, the connection of the conbee is re-routed : it changes back and forth between ttyACM0 and ttyACM1. I have tried to follow this info to make this persistent, but I am then stuck at the docker-compose.yml step.

• what has to be done to allow the phoscon/deconz integration to detect new devices? Where is this docker compose file?

PS : I had initially installed HA on raspbian following the info posted here.

thanks a lot for your help…
Vincent

HA Core 0.118.5
installed on Raspberry PI 4, SSD. Raspian and Docker.
deConz 6.5.0
RFlink (Arduino) and Conbee II (w/ extension cord) firmware 26660700

Hello,

just a self reply to my post, for the community,
I found a way to address the first question (the names of the USB connection changing at each power-up of the host) in this post,
that is : Use the /dev/serial/by-id/… link and be prepared to restart the Addon several times manually until you succeed.

which is in the conf file of Deconz not to use the ttyUSB0 or ttyACM0 link, by the full name as displayed in supervisor/system/hardware.
It seems to works fine, for the conbee II and rflink usb gateways…

now, if anyone has info or solution for the zigbee item not pairing with the gateway when using the deconz add-on in HA, in spite they pair well when the gateway is on the PC and direct phoscon (not via HA)…

Sincerely,
V.

Hi all, and happy new year…
I loop back on my post, to give some hints which worked for me…

For some reason, I can now properly enroll new Zigbee devices through the deconz panel, seems to work better now (maybe linked to a recent deconz update…).

I have a lot of Xiaomi devices, and it is also true they are tricky to pair with deconz. So for those it may help:

• Smart button : To pair, use a needle in the back and push for at least 5 s. It will blink several times, and then nothing for 3-4 s, and then blink 3-4 times again if pairing successful. If it blinks only once, pairing failed and it needs to be tried again. they will appear in the switch categories, and will need to be looked at through “deconz_event”.
  • Multi-sensors (temperature, humidity, …), vibration sensors and PIR : same as above except it goes with a button (no need for needles). They will appear in the Sensors category in Deconz, and can be accesses easily in HA afterward like any usual sensor.
  • Contact sensor (door/windows) : as above, though the button. But I have noticed that it works much better if, after the first rapid flashing, you get it near the magnet to make several changes of state of the sensor. It probably trigger communication of the sensor and eases the pairing.

For all those Xiaomi devices, their pairing worked better when not far from the coordinator. But, when moved to their final location, it might be needed to enroll them again because they do not see the network the same way. I found that enrolling them the second time this way is easier than trying the initial pairing directly from the final location, through routers…

I have other non-xiaomi devices, but their pairing and usage is quite straightforward.
Although sometimes, Deconz puts a lot of device in the “light” category, even though they could be better in the “switch” categories, so one should try the pairing procedure from the other category if it does seem to work with the former one.

1 Like