Deconz keeps losing aqara motion sensors

Hello,

Recently I have bought a conbee 2 for my home assistant setup and changed my light bulbs from wifi to zigbee. I’m using the deconz integration with the conbee 2 updated to the latest update. The only problem is dat my aqara motion sensors are not updating after a few hours after pairing.

Now when I look in deconz I see that the motion sensors that are pairing to the conbee2 directly are updating but the motion sensors that are connecting to the tradfri lights from the ikea will not update status.

This problem is getting me crazy because i removed all my light switches in the house to go with motion sensors (maybe i should have waited until my setup is stable)

What i have tried is setting zigbee channel to 25, set my wifi channel to 1 and lowered my wifi signal power. Set the server a few meters away from every other electric device. I use a USB extension 0.8m in a usb 2 port.

I’m using ikea tradfri lights (the 1055lm white spectrum ones) with a ikea tradfri repeater and the aqara motion sensors.

Hello friend… I know it’s a late answer but i was fighting with the same issue last week… Unfortunately the IKEA Tradfri 1055lm lamps have problems… I believe it is the firmware but i’m not 100% sure… I bought the 1000lm ones and the problem solved… Till yesterday everything is very stable…

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you very much for identifying this issue. I was almost about to give up on my Aqara motion sensors with deconz. It seems that several versions of the IKEA bulbs does not work as a router for the Aqara motion sensors. Mine was connected to an IKEA GU10 345 lumen. After turning off power to the IKEA bulbs and forcing the Aqara to connect to a Tuya based ceiling lamp, everything has been stable. Even after turning on the power to the IKEA bulbs, the motion sensor seems to “stick” to the Tuya, despite the IKEA’s being physical closer to the motion sensor

• Jan

I had nothing but trouble with DeConz when I tried it after first getting my Conbee2. I switched to ZHA and haven’t had any trouble since. Not the answer you are looking for though.

1 Like

Mine is running flawlessly with Aquara and Hue since months. Using v2.10.3
So I’d say it’s the Ikea lights.