Deconz lock and yale assure compatibility? Should it just work?

I just read that in 117 there is now support for locks in deconz and I am currently locking for some smart locks.
The yale assure seems pretty good.

I checked on the zigbee blakadder site and there are only 2 locks shown as currently working with deconz which makes me a little nervous getting the yales…

So my question is… now there is support for locks. Should any zigbee lock work with deconz?
Or is it a case by case basis and buying one without knowing it works, risky?

Thanks

I bought Yale SL lock a week ago and installed zigbee module today (same as you I saw that 117 supports locks now) but unfortunately, deconz doesn’t see the lock. I am trying to add it as Lights and it cannot find anything.
I am still researching, but have a feeling that I have to migrate to ZHA or maybe get another zigbee stick just for the lock.

Hi @Serg,
Thanks for getting back to me. Hmm, that is sad.
Have you tried posting on the deconz GitHub site? Perhaps by sharing your logs they could assist in getting it working?
Would be much better than needing to sticks…

I did a bit of testing today, it actually works from Deconz, I can lock and unlock the door, but it doesn’t appear in Phoscon or in Home Assistant.

I checked GitHub, someone placed another Yale lock support request which is quite similar to Yale SL, I will keep an eye and if they ask I can send them some logs

Looks like all the features and options are in Deconz, but just not in the GUI and not in HA

That’s frustrating!
I must admit, I do not quite understand the link between deconz and how stuff then appears in HA to know what is wrong…
Does anything appear in HA?

Hi @Serg,
Don’t suppose you’ve had any more luck with your lock?
:slight_smile:

You can monitor this topic on github
Guys are asking to compile some code - I just don’t have enough time and I don’t know linux, but trying to help

Initial lock support is added into Deconz, you can already try adding your Yale lock (as light) if you have Deconz plugin updated. It will only appear in Deconz, but not in Phoscon or home assistant, so no automations. You can lock/unlock it from Deconz if you really need to (see the screenshot from my previous post), not convenient but better than nothing.

Got a lock fitted the other day. Seems no change on this front… Bit sad. Has anyone had success with deconz and the Yale locks?

I keep monitoring this topic and github as well, noticed your comment there that you managed to make it working? Do you have it appeared in Phoscon? Last time I tried it wasn’t there, but it was about a year ago, maybe it is already there. Or you did some extra steps to add it?