deCONZ - Official thread

I would like to ditch the Hue hub and move all to deconz. Problem is I have six Phillips dimmers and haven’t found a way/crib sheet/ document to show the config of these devices I just need one example to finally kick the hub into the ditch and build a bigger mesh. Any help would be most greatly appreciated :grinning:

Not sure what you want to do with the dimmers, but I have mine set up in deCONZ and for dimming I use this AppDaemon app which can be installed through HACS

1 Like

Many thanks for the quick reply, I’ve got a problem on this route in that I’ve only got the battery levels as entities (of the two dimmers on Deconz)…

many thanks

D

That’s expected behaviour. Stateless switches only have events and not entities. In the developer tools, select the events tab, and subscribe to the deconz events.

When you press the dimmer button, you’ll see the event come through.

Cheers again, I’m on the tab and the list of available events doesn’t say deconz, do i just “start listening” after typing deconz on the input line?

D

Are you on the Deconz discord group by any chance?

Go this topic that I wrote

It describes how to get the dimmers to work the exact same way they work in Hue and you can also see how the syntax is for the events

To see the events to have to type deconz_event and then click start listening. I really wonder why that ui is not a pulldown or autocomplete.

1 Like

many thanks to you both, that a heap ton of help, i was on the track sort of but now fully got it and the event listening thing although mine doesn’t show up in the list of available events… so i did what you said and just typed the deconz_event in the start listening line and boom… events a plenty…

Will i ever see it in the available events or does it not matter as long as the events are coming in to HA?

thanks again…

Found this in the forum, Listen to deconz events

The Poster Oleggold Has An Image Of His Events Tabs Showing Deconz In His Available Events.

The Reason I Ask Is To See If I Have A Problem With My Setup.

Cheers

D

It says it has one listener, I think that is if there is a set up consumer of the events, like an automation.

Oh I see, so when I add an automation that’s when I will see a listener… perfect Cheers Robban

I hope this is the right thread.

I’ve succefully installed deConz add-On on HA 0.109.2 and all entities works on the local HA.
HA is installed in a Virtualbox machine.

Now I’m trying to access deConz from my main HA instance on RP3b+.
I’ve changed Network Host port to 41850 on the deConz configuration. So in my main HA I’ve added manually (via GUI) deConz integration setting the ip address of the HA that hosts deConz and port 41850 instead of 80.
The weird thing is that it finds deConz, it adds all devices and entities but all entities are set to “unavailable”

What am I doing wrong?

Any help is appreciated.
Marco

I’ve suddenly started getting something similar since updating the plugin a few days ago. I keep getting these errors in the logs.

2020-05-02 16:53:26 ERROR (MainThread) [pydeconz.websocket] Client connection error
2020-05-02 16:53:26 DEBUG (MainThread) [pydeconz.websocket] Websocket starting
2020-05-02 16:53:26 DEBUG (MainThread) [pydeconz.websocket] Reconnecting to deCONZ in 15.

I’ve tried deleting the integration, then re-adding it having to press the “authenticate” button on the WebApp to generate the API key but these errors persist. Within Node-Red it’s working perfectly. Node-Red has it’s own API key I created. I can generate one manually for HA but I don’t know where I need to add it.

In the Supervisor logs I can see these errors.

20-05-02 08:33:47 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.api.ingress] Ingress error: Cannot write to closing transport
20-05-02 08:43:57 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.api.ingress] Ingress error: [Errno None] Can not write request body for http://172.30.33.0:8099/api/D57BBFD2C0/sensors
20-05-02 08:44:31 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.api.ingress] Ingress error: Cannot write to closing transport
20-05-02 08:45:06 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.api.ingress] Ingress error: Cannot write to closing transport

That is not the right API port or key. If I try manually sending a GET request to the correct port using that key it is rejected. If I send an GET request using my Node-Red API key using the correct port it’s fine. I can’t see to find where HA is storing that port number and API key so I can change it.

I have deConz working fine, I have nothing to believe otherwise.

But loading up the VNC for the first time to check the backend I don’t see the same connection lines everyone else shows?

Do i have to enable them somehow? I have restarted the device but nothing changed, the lights and remotes and everything all work and react accordingly whilst VNC’ed in.

What am I missing?

anyone knows if there is water resistant repeater? i want to connect to my ikea plugs in my garden…

i have now placed an ikea usb repeater outside to connect to to those other plugs futher away, i taped it in , it works, but for how long :slight_smile:

For sure you can find somenthing similar in your location - https://www.jula.pl/catalog/elektryka-i-oswietlenie/instalacja-elektryczna/przedluzacze-i-rozgalezniki/puszki-uszczelniajace/pudelko-ochronne-402298/
I used this to install Zwave repeater in my garden, required to link house to stand alone garage building. This type of boxes is available in various sizes, so for sure something big enough to even put ikea plug inside should be possible. Works like a charm for over a year now.

thats indeed an alternate route, allthough it doesnt look nice :slight_smile:
if possible, i want to plug it in directly in a socket outlet

edit: found something like this : https://www.newbecca.com/product/19754055165, its in plastic, so doesnt break the zigbee signal

thnx for pointing me for an alternate solution

allthough, still interested if a zigbee waterproof repeater excists

Well, worked fine for me, since I have this installed in the middle of the garden, attached to lamp. From product pictures you linked it seems that you look more for something wall attached, so indeed my solution looks pretty… out of place, especially given the color :slight_smile:
Anyhow I’d perhaps look for some housing rather that waterproof repeater - it still need to be connected to electricity so some protection for the socket is required as well? Unless you find some sort of hermetic dongle on the cable that is sealed and you can introduce cable only safely to the house.

yeah, i am indeed looking for something wall related, the only outside place is my socket, where i can place some repeater
that repeater must be in link with the garden 20 meter further…

I’m a noob according deconz and hass.io
I tried to read and to understand how I could dolve my isssues but I was not able to find the answer.
Sorry if I’m asking the same thing again …

Preconditions:
hassio installation on a raspeberry pi
Deconz as plugin installation
Working great, integrations work.

What I want to do? Increase the sensitivity of a Xiaomi Aquara Vibration sensor, which is doable through the API (see https://github.com/dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin/issues/1396)
The question is HOW can I reach the API in my environment?

Thanks
Hannes