deCONZ - Official thread

I’ve also had issues the last week or 2 with the add on randomly stopping by itself. I hit start and everything is back to normal for a day or 2 then stops again.

I’ve just disabled vnc in the settings to run everything via ingress to see if it helps. Next time it stops I’ll try and get the logs for you guys to have a look.

1 Like

I just had this happen last night. The addon randomly stopped itself at 5am last night. The logs show that it was a normal stop, without any errors or warning; it just stopped like I pushed the button or something.

It started again without any problems, but I’m eager to see how long it lasts before stopping itself again.

New ConBee, but old HA user here. Despite reading through this monster thread, I can’t connect any sensor or light to my ConBee II stick. The gateway is shown, the HA integration is authenticated and everything seems to be ok but no matter what I do, no sensor/light is found in Phoscon. Any hints what I should be checking? (Setup is Pi4, USB hub with Conbee and Aeotec, latest releases.)

Guys, can we check with HA if an addon is running? if not => start the container? is that possible without dockermon ?

that would resolve/workaround for now if container is stopped for no reason

There is something called docker_monitor, but that doesn’t work with Supervised. Glances can achieve this also I think…

Found this one : Badges for addon service status

Should work

Perhaps describe the pairing process that you are taking, in a step-by-step basis?
I do remember with the Xiaomi door sensors, you need to activate them with a magnet in order for Phoscon to pair them.

1 Like

Did you get the ones from the linked thread working? I didn’t - but made this, if you’re interested:

- platform: command_line
  name: deCONZ
  command: 'curl http://supervisor/addons/core_deconz/info -H "Authorization: Bearer $(printenv SUPERVISOR_TOKEN)" | jq ''{"state":.data.state,"newest_version":.data.version_latest,"current_version":.data.version,"available":.data.available}'''
  value_template: '{{ value_json.state }}'
  json_attributes:
  - available
  - newest_version
  - current_version
2 Likes

Is your usb hub an usb3 hub? Conbee does not work in a usb3 port.

1 Like

Yep, that’s what I found out late last night! Connected to a USB2 slot, it works. Thanks!

I also have random stops…

all is up to date with latest versions

Hi all,
Deconz has released a new rest plug-in
Iko Iko

Any plan for deCONZ add on to support this release? Waiting to consume a few added-support devices.

Many thanks.

1 Like

Please, please help!

Conbee II was working (on and off) but yesterday I moved the pi (3) to a different location and now HA fails to detect it in any of the USB ports. I have been running it with a usb extension, without, and with a different extension, but it is not detected in the Hardware section.

It has been driving me CrAZy!!

On the times it does show up, the Phoscon app shows that the Firmware is disconnected, meaning it still doesn’t work!

I am starting to feel like this is an overpriced, buggy piece of junk!

Are you running deconz as an Home Assistant Addon, or a native deconz software on the Raspberry Pi?

If you are running the Addon, what is the device you have defined? /dev/ttyACM0? or a “by-id” link.

If you are running addon with by-id link, then I keep on reminding everyone that there is still an unresolved issue with this.

I run my deconz on “bare metal” the way Dresden Elektronik and the REST API developers run the software and I have had NONE of the many issues people have been reporting the past year.

And by the way: I run deConz 5.3.4 on Home Assistant and had no single issue since it came out. Rock solid except some minor connectivity issues of one or the other bulb as described above.
Replacing the Osram switches helped to increase connectivity. Shutting down and restart workes as well.

I have it running as an addon and have it defined as a “by-id” link which is reccommened in the documentation. I also have an SSD attached via USB and there is often only 1 device listed, which must be the ssd, since it is running HomeAssistant.

I wish I could say the same. I just dont understand why it will no longer connect. It is running
2.05.75 and the addon is 6.2.3, which I updates a couple of days ago.

Do you have another USB stick that compete with your Conbee II to be ttyACM0 and ttyACM1?

If yes, then you need the “by-id” but have the problem that often the Addon does not startup because the by-id links do not get created in time for the deconz software to see it. There is a race condition between the udev and deconz which is unique to the addon.

If you only have 1 USB device that becomes /dev/ttyACM0 then put that in the config and try again.

If you start Home Assistant then go to Supervisor -> Open the Deconz Addon -> Click Restart -> Click the Log tab.

You should see if Deconz start OK or dies with an error that it cannot find the device.

Just try and restart a couple if times. It normally comes after a few tries. Not acceptable in the long run but can get you up running.

Report back if this is the issue.

If you only have 1 USB stick then the /dev/ttyACM0 config should always work.

Thanks for your help, I do appreciate it :slight_smile:

To be clear, this is what I had set up:
Raspberry pi 3 with Hassio (fully up to date)
Installed deconz from official home assistant repository (via supervisor)
Plugged in conbee 2 and input the by-id into config
All worked (albeit a bit temperamental) for a few months

Yesterday, moved Pi to another spot for better connectivity.
Updated firmware and deconz as could not connect to anything
After update, connected to 1 hue bulb,
After 10 minutes stopped working and has not worked since, despite reinstalling the addon, trying the /dev/tty/xxxxx method, trying a longer usb lead, plugging directly into the pi, rebooting, power cycling, resetting bulbs - the full works.

EDIT

Oh, and homeassistant is running from a USB SSD drive, so I cannot disconnect it :frowning:

There is a known issue with Conbee II connected to the USB3 port of Raspberry Pi. More a Raspberry Pi things than a Conbee thing.

I think I also saw that you may have to connect the SSD to USB2 port.

Try and search for this on the net.

It seems your problem is not the “by-id” issue because that crashes the deconz addon at start, not later.