deCONZ - Official thread

That information is not exposed over the rest api. You can probably view it in the deConz desktop client

what do you mean? Windows desktop app?

It’s the same application but with a desktop gui

Hi guys, looking for some expert help. My current set up looks like this, I have Home Assistant installed on a Raspberry Pi 4 with Conbee 2. Connected to the Conbee is 6 devices, located pretty close. Besides that, I have an integration of 15-20 Trådfri devices connected to a Trådfri hub, and 15-20 Philips Hue devices connected to Hue hub and HA as integration. I am looking into transferring all my devices to Conbee, and remove the two hub dependencies. But everytime I add a Ikea or Hue device that is located more than 5 meters away from Raspberry, it is either not responsive or doesnt work at all. So my two questions are;

1. If I pair all my Trådfri & Hue devices to HA/Conbee, will the range improve in my house? Currently I experience no issues with Hue or Trådfri regardless of distance away from hub.

2. Pairing/integrating 60+ devices to Conbee that is intergrated to HA already through Hub, do I need to pair them one by one, or are there any easier way to do it?

Yes. You will get the most stable performance having them all on Deconz so they form one mesh network. Start with the ones closest to the Conbee and work your way out in range so avoid the problem with the far devices not being able to talk directly with the Conbee

1 Like

Hi, I recently switched from ioBroker to Home Assistant. Initially I had everything running in Docker containers on a Synology Diskstation.

Now I have set up Home Assistant OS on an Odroid C2, that I have not used for a long time.The system runs so far fast and stable and now I wanted to make use of the addons from the Home Assistant Store. So I could run all the additional services centrally on the small single board computer (deconz, node-red, mosquitto). The addons work in principle, but also have small things that bother me a bit. For example mosquitto is not yet on version 2.x and node-red has many nodes preinstalled, that I don’t need.

And that brings me to my real question about the deconz addon. I have 2 Lidl thermostats. To make them work, I need to compile libde_rest_plugin.so from a special branch myself and replace it in the container filesystem. There has been a pull request for deconz for some time, but it is still not merged. This was no problem with my Synology docker, but with the Home Assistant addon it seems to recreate the container on every reboot, which then undoes my change. Is there a way to integrate the self-compiled libde_rest_plugin.so from the host system via “bind mount” into the addon-container system? Or does anyone have another solution in connection with Home Assistant OS?

Thanks a lot!

My network has degraded again where most aqara devices no longer work, just like before i readded everything a month ago. Network map looks

And I can confirm that they are not connected in:

I have also sensors and switches missing

Have you seen the guide on how to make xiaomi connections more reliable? Somewhere on github

I’ve seen it and thats what I did, however battery wall buttons do not have a reset button.

My Zigbee network was rock stable until I upgraded to 6.11.1, All my Ikea range extenders are now offline, that has nothing to do with Aqara as I can see it.

Hi
In my network lot of the connections have poor quality. How can I improve this?

I noticed, that some hubs ar not used, even if the are much closer than the RaspBee II.
Is there a possibility to define the links between the nodes and hubs?

Hi All,
Apologies if this is off topic - but anyone able to access phoscon.de? Have tried unsuccessfully & have checked here - says it’s been down over a week? :astonished:

It’s working for me.

And is accessible for me today also! Odd…thanks for replying @WhimsySpoon

1 Like

Possibly just a bit of downtime due to an outage or an update. Their devs were still active on GitHub during that time, which is reassuring!

Hello all!

Another month comes with another release log on Phoscon forum for the HA deCONZ integration

The beta has been cut and I wanted to share what’s changed since last release.

Released with Home Assistant 2022.4.0

No real functional changes introduced this release, primarily improved design and rework under the hood making sure to keep up to date with all architectural improvements continually ongoing with the Python language and Home Assistant.

Reworking the pydeconz library shed additional light on aspects of the integration that was still in need of revamping to reach a strictly typed state. A lot of time has gone into reworking the pydeconz library meaning the previous aim to have the full integration strictly typed as been post poned and I now aim to try to reach this goal with 2022.5 release instead. Checkout the pydeconz commit history if you’re interested.

Take care and have a happy month of automation!

/R

3 Likes

hi,
iam having the following error:

Invalid config for [automation]: deCONZ trigger (‘remote_button_short_press’, ‘turn_on’) device with ID 7950c4f693b7b2b49ffde8adfc37007f not found. Got OrderedDict([(‘default_config’, {}), (‘http’, OrderedDict([(‘ssl_certificate’, ‘/ssl/fullchain.pem’), (‘ssl_key’, ‘/ssl/privkey.pem’)])), (‘tts’, [OrderedDict([(‘platform’, ‘google_translate’)])]), (‘group’, OrderedDict([(‘sala de jantar’, OrderedDict([(‘name’, ‘Sala de Jantar’), (‘entities’, [‘light.luz_de_sala_de_jantar’, ‘light.lightstrip_tvsala’, ‘light.luz_candeeiro_sala_de_jantar’, ‘light.hue_color_floor_1’, ‘light.hue_wellner_table_1’])])), (‘sala de tv’, OrderedDict([(‘name’, 'sala de… (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 12).

on notifications i have the alert:

The following integrations and platforms could not be set up:

• automation

Please check your config and logs.

i do not know what is causing this

It’s as the error points out: “device with ID 7950c4f693b7b2b49ffde8adfc37007f not found”
Check if you used the right device in this automation

1 Like

Replying myself.

So I transferred all my lights from Hue hub & Trådfri hub to Raspbee 2, and unplugged the two hubs, leaving me with one zigbee rather than three networks as I had until now. After a few days, I am left with a bit disappointing experience. All my lights are really unstable, long delay before actions. Ikea & philips controller/remotes are rarely working. Does the system need time to stabilize, do I have to add more repeaters? My apartment is 90sqm with two floors.

What can I expect from a Raspberry Pi4 8gb ram, Raspbee2 controller? Having Ikea and Hue connected as a integration worked like a charm. Had a few Aqara thermometer sensors connected to Raspbee worked fine. But now with 50 zigbee devices the responstime seems slow. (3x Hue plugs, 1 Hue motion. 11 hue bulbs, 12 trådfri bulbs, 1 aqara motion, 3 aqara sensors, 7 controllers)

I’m on Home Assistant 2022.3.7, running Deconz with gateway version “2.14.01 / 2/6/2022”. All running on a RP4 with a ConBee II. My network consists of a bunch of Aqara temperature and door sensors and an IKEA repeater. Everything was running fine until … now. Some of the Aqara devices failed (maybe end of battery life). I replaced the battery and can no longer connect to the network. Any idea on how to tackle this problem?

Just try to pair again until it succeeds. At the final position. Then do this.