deCONZ - Official thread

well, i just tried, indeed you need to restore backup file, otherwise you dont see anything in phoscon
once backup is restored, it looked OK
but after restarting HA, i have error below, not sure where i need to change that IP manually,
i think we need to remove integration and readd, but not gonna to that now, so back to marthdoc :slight_smile:

2019-06-27 21:06:10 ERROR (MainThread) [.] Error connecting to deCONZ gateway at 172.30.32.1
2019-06-27 21:06:10 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Config entry for deconz not ready yet. Retrying in 40 seconds.

ok, i have it running now, ignore the IP stuff above, seems the port is changed
so marthoc use 8080, but this ones uses 40850 , so change that to 8080 , or change the core.config_entries file like below
then after restart HA it works… no need to remove and readd integration (thank god) :slight_smile:

"connection_class": "local_push",
                "data": {
                    "allow_clip_sensor": true,
                    "allow_deconz_groups": true,
                    "api_key": "xxx",
                    "bridgeid": "00212EFFFF02A480",
                    "host": "172.30.32.1",
                    "port": 40850

maybe this stuff can be added to the migration stuff on the “migration to this addon” part
i think more people are now want to convert from marthdoc to this offcial addon, since it now supports VNC

1 Like

I can’t get the VNC to go. I successfully upgraded to version 3.1, however, in the network section there is no field for VNC port. I can only specify ports for “deCONZ API backend” and “deCONZ WebSocket Server”. Can anyone help?

you need to fill in 5900 for example, otherwise its disabled by default

ow: you have no VNC field at all? can you post a screenshot?

Here you go (I can set a VNC password but no field for VNC port):

Just fixed it myself! I had to click on “Reset to defaults”. Then the field appeared. Very strange…

Hi I wish to move my Conbee from a pi3 to a HASSIO NUC.
Any advice which addon to use and where to put the backup file (hope I don’t need to reconnect my 60+ devices).
I have the 3 files session.default, zll.db, and config.uni saved

Are you moving your Hass setup from a pi3 to a NUC or just the Conbee?

I’m having a hell of a time migrating over to the official and maintaining a working configuration

After I backup, stop old addon and start the new addon with restored backup, all my integrations are unavailable. The devices show up in deconz both via phoscon and vnc but the HA portion is failing.

I’ve tried removing the integration but when I add it back it, I click the deconz integration and nothing happens. Even restarting doesn’t help and I’m forced to restore a snapshot

Has anybody else had this issue?

–EDIT-- Figured it out. The new addon was using a different api_key for some reason and it wasn’t connecting so I copied my old API key over and now it seems to be working great.

Just the Conbee

Also the addon does not start (3.1), how do you guys check which port is the Conbee using? (I tried both devices ACM0 and USB0 but the addon does not start, no error in log.

When I clic openwebui I get ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

{
  "device": "/dev/ttyUSB0",
  "vnc_password": "xxx"
}
me@ubuntu:~$ ls /dev/ttyACM*
/dev/ttyACM0
me@ubuntu:~$ ls /dev/ttyUSB*
/dev/ttyUSB0

EDIT I had to remove the standard port for the VNC server (the log does not help)

I tried to upload an old backup (15 February) but is not working, I do have a yesterday backup (deCONZ.tar.gz) from deCONZ website they say it has all the information (3 files).

Do you know how I could restore, using the deCONZ.tar.gz files (not the raspbee_gateway_config_2019-02ì15…dat)?

EDIT: Ok the backup worked, I had to restart the addon, of course now I have all the objects but none is responding

To identify USB ports , you can check it in putty …

Well I went back to my pi3, can’t play around too much, since my whole house depends on a COnbee stick for lights.

So I went back on my pi3+Conbee (HASSIO is on a NUC). Now I am facing the problem that all my sensors are registered with a _2 at the end
binary_sensor.xxxxxx_2

if I canel the _2 it fails because it says that entity already exists (but in entity_registry they are not).

Any clue how to solve this (30+ sensors) ?

I see that the entities are here

/config/.storage/core.entity_registry.yaml

but they are all with _2 … is it safe to change it there?

It’s because those are bound to a different config entry. Best is to remove the old ones from entity registry

I have Conbee II dongle connected to RP3B and it is fully functional.
Deconz - Conbee II shows 5 devices I have:
1. The Gateway itself.
2. Xiaomi Door/Window Contact Sensor
3. Xiaomi Multi Sensor
4. Xiaomi Motion Sensor
5. TRadFri Smart Plug. I added it, for its ability to act as a router.

I have it all integrated with HASSIO running on a different RPI3B.

I bought and connected TRadFri plug because of its routing capabilities.
The plug is physically located about a half way between gateway and a new location of the Motion Sensor.

I expected that Motion Sensor will connect to TRadFri plug, but it does not.
After some time, the Motion Sensor picture on the Deconz console start showing a blinking RED light – connection lost.

I tried to reset Motion Sensor while it is at the new location and use phoscan app to Add Sensor, but that did not work – the sensor was too far from the controller and it did not connect to the TRadFri plug either.

Deconz: 2.05.64
Firmware: 0x26490700

Could someone please help me to get Xiaomi Motion sensor to connect to the router (TRadFri plug)?

Thanks.

FWIW, I know the Tradfri plug has issues in Zigbee2MQTT and might have them here too. I’ve actually taken it out of my system.

I don’t have any myself, but the “Ikea TRÅDFRI Outlet” is listed as supported. Not sure if this is just for control, or also the routing functions of it though.

https://phoscon.de/en/conbee2/compatible

It works in Z2M but there is an issue where you can’t pair additional devices while its in use. It’s a weird fluke.