deCONZ - Official thread

I have a maybe very simple question. The sensors and wall switches are working. But look at the screenshot:

• the ikea wall switch has no connection
  • but it stands below a bulb and should have the best connection
  • if i press a button on the ikea switch: it works! in deCONZ i see a blue point.
  • but why is no green line? i thougt this is maybe because it has a battery. but other door/window sensors with battery has a green line.

The same happens to other sensors or wall switches. Some has a green line - some has no line (but works well). Has somebody an explanation?

After installing the Deconz addon, I am asked for the IP and port. What do I use and how do I get it?
If I use the IP supplied in the top right hand corner when using the Phoscon app, it says unable to get API key.

Can somebody help? All the tutorials casually skip this step.

My Aqara door sensors also have this kind of behaviour, it’s normal. I think this has to do with battery saving. It will send a message to the Conbee stick as soon as it is triggered.

I don’t remember that I have to enter an IP address or a port. But maybe you can try 127.0.0.1 as ip address and 8123 for the port.

I am totaly desperated with the conbee stick. Actually the webapp Phoscon is the problem.
My problems are:

• Save a scene does not always works. It saved, but then later I see the settings of a totaly different scene. So I often must save 3-10 times a scene until it really saves.
  • I don’t know why, but sometimes some devices get unpaired. Then I need to configure some scenes again. The horror of saving scenes starts again.
  • Now, this is new: I have 7 bulbs in one room and about 7 bulbs in some other rooms. I created a group with the 7 bulbs in room one. But then when I want ot create the scene, I see the other 7 bulbs. There is no chance to create a scene for room one.

Has somebody the same problems. Problem 3 is a big problem for me. It makes the stick useless.

No, but this wasn’t the question.

I think you are mixing things up by doing things in Phoscon and HA. Why would you create scenes in Phoscon? If you’re having trouble first try to stick to doing things in HA.

No idea, I’m not using the add-on store. Is anything else showing up?

Hey TSeven,
I just saw your comment and wanted to see if your suggestion would help me with my broken deConz (after major updating to 6) as well.

My entry in the /config/.storage/core.config_entries looks like this. Unfortunately I cannot tell if there is an issue with this or not. It seems fine to me, but just wanted to check with you since you mentioned one should “update the IP”. How would I tell which IP I need to update to what?

{
                "connection_class": "local_push",
                "data": {
                    "api_key": "XXXXXXXXXX",
                    "host": "172.30.33.4",
                    "port": 40850
                },
                "domain": "deconz",
                "entry_id": "a2e1a672e7374c47b90c92700120a2c0",
                "options": {
                    "allow_clip_sensor": false,
                    "allow_deconz_groups": true,
                    "master": true
                },
                "source": "user",
                "system_options": {
                    "disable_new_entities": false
                },
                "title": "00212E05545C",
                "unique_id": "00212E05545C",
                "version": 1
            },

Thanks in advance :man_bowing:

Hi,

If that is the only section namned Deconz in your file you only need to verify that your Deconz gateway IP is corresponding with the file. You can check the IP in the Deconz addon ( the gui view showing all mesh connection and such ). See screenshoot how to check the Gateway IP.

My problem was due to multiple Deconz sections in the config file, that made HA update the wrong section when the Gateway IP changed on a host reboot. If you only have one section in your file, then I’m not sure if your problem is the same as I had.

What are the symptoms of your problem?

1 Like

Thank you for your detailed explanation. Maybe I am indeed suffering a different problem then. The thing is I already had to reinstall home assistant because it became unusable after updating deCONZ. I already tried to update deCONZ a couple of times so by now I am pretty confident that it is the update which causes some trouble.

What’s the problem?:
After updating deCONZ to 6.x, home assistant seems to work fine for a short time, but after a couple of hours I cannot access anything anymore. Meaning that I cannot access via Samba SSH or via web homeassistant.local:8123 oder the IP directly. It seems like the system is still running because I get to the login screen every now and then, but then all my requests fail or time out. This made me reinstall home assisstant a couple of times already.

I don’t know how updating an addon can lead to breaking home assistant, but it does in some way, so I was hoping I could do something in the short time after updating and before everything gets unaccessible. Unfortunately I did not find some kind of guide on what I have to change in order to compensate for the breaking change in deCONZ, so I thought maybe the steps you posted could help solve my problem as well.

Since I don’t have to update to the latest version for now I could as well just leave it with 5.3.5, I just wanted to be prepared in case I will have to update at some point for some reason.

If you have any tips on what I could look out for or check I’d be super grateful. Thanks in advance!

Hi,

-Short answer, check how much free ram memory your system has available when the problem occurs.

-Long answer:

I had the same errors during the summer on my previous system.

My system was then running on a RPI 3B with 1 Gb ram, the system was running fine after a reboot for a few hours and then it started to be unresponsive. The only life sign was a ping response, nothing else worked.

After tearing my hair, several reinstalls I finally found the root cause - low ram memory.
When the ram was creaping towards 100-200 Mb free it started swaping the swap mem, that took a few hours to a day before becoming responsive for a short while.

If you are using the glances addon you can check which addons that are memory hogs ( node-red, etc ), try disabling one of those for a few hours and see if the problem goes away. If so, decrease the memory hogs or increase ram memory on your system.

I upgraded to a RPI 4 8GB with a SSD and that has been more than sufficient for me.

Good luck and report back.

2 Likes

Thanks Tseven, that makes perfect sense. I have the same setup (RPI 3B with 1GB ram). I switched to using an SSD as well because of the size of some snapshots (another issue I need to tackle :slight_smile:) But regarding the ram, it could be indeed some node-red implementations that could occupy the ram. I have the glances addon running, so I will check if I find something suspicous there. Thanks so much for your help :+1:

P.S: Seems like influxDB and node-red are each taking up around 130mb with home assistant taking up additional 100mb, more than one third of the 1gb are already occupied. Will check other threads then on how to decrease the ram consumption for db and nodered :slight_smile:

Hi all

Running HomeAssistant in Virtual box on Ubuntu desktop. Hass OS.

Trying to get Deconz running and conbee 2 detected properly.

Can get phoscon webui up and running but this has a different IP to host (presume as it’s running in a docker container on hassOS). It also detects conbee 2 as a raspbee and no ZigBee channel or anything is available.

Please can anyone with more expertise than me (all of you) help me get this recognised. At a guess I think I need to make specific ports available in deconz add on - have tried 404850 but no joy.

Thanks for support

Hi,
so far I just ran a few Xiaomi temperature/humidity sensors around the house, and they all reported reliably from all the corners I placed them, even outside. So I decided to also try to replace my shaky 433MHz plugs switched through Pilight so far by what I hoped to be more reliable Zigbee switched from Ledvance. Pairing worked instantly, however after a few minutes the switch became unavailable in HA. I can still switch it reliably via Phoscon group button, but not the device itself. So it seems that it is not processing/receiving status signal properly, while all the switching signals are sent w/o issues. In deconz UI the switch is not connected in the graph now. Restarting doesn‘t solve it. What‘s wrong here?
Thanks, habitoti

When something works as part of a Zigbee group but not when addressed individually then it smells like devices not working correctly as routers.

Ledvance is same as Osram. I had 7 of those in my original Philips Hue where they always showed unavailable but seemed to work and I had constant issues with remotes not being reliable. When I moved it all over to Deconz things improved but still not perfect. I then took the step and eliminated all Osram smartplugs and replaced then by Philips smartplugs. All problems gone. The plugs always work. And the remotes no longer become unresponsive. The firmware in Osram/Ledvance smartplugs seem to not work well as routers. I am totally done with that company

So I added two additional plugs, and they all appear to be interconnected now in the deconz UI. It’s now more stable so far, so let’s see. I wonder why the far more distant Xiaomi sensor have a lot less issues in communicating even w/o creating a mesh. They are all directly connected to the Conbee stick only.

Good morning all! I have a Zigbee / DeconZ issue that is driving me crazy, and I would need some help to put my finger on it. I am running Deconz on HA with a Conbee II stick on an Intel NUC. The stick is on a 1m USB cord, latest firmware, latest HA release. My Zigbee network is made of IKEA Tradfri bulbs, 2 IKEA repeaters, some other Bulbs and a lot of Aqara devices. Lately the network has become so instable that my IKEA bulbs are disappearing regularly, sometimes more than once a day. Power cycle sometimes puts them back, sometimes not even. Messages seem to be lost, command are slow (sometimes more than 5 sec lag) and sometimes not executed. I suspected the 2.4GHz Wifi to interfere, so I made sure to keep channels well separated - the 2.4 Wifi now runs on channel 13 and Zigbee on channel 10, and I have no neighbors (close).
I am running out of alternatives of how to solve the issue. There is nothing special here except the house is big and made of concrete - but since I have so many router devices it should be a-OK still… any idea?
Ah and lately I have noticed that my IKEA bulbs are also blinking all the time when they are on - seems like they try to identify themselves each time they get a Zigbee message???

1 Like

Anyone any experience with the Aqara Single Switch T1 in combination with Conbee2/Phoscon?
Looking for this module to place behind and wall socket so they can be smart switched and to extend my Zigbee network

How does your mesh look like? All green lines?