deCONZ - Official thread

I’ve cleared cookies in Chrome multiple times, and both gateways are still showing. Any other ideas?

indeed :slight_smile:
well, i dont have an issue at this moment, i have an issue when i place the conbee somwhere else…
so my xiaomi will loose connection, just wanted to know his situation, seems its the same as mee
** still looking for a plug that can act as a router for my xiaomi sensors **

so i dont wan to manually control it, i want that the xiaomi can choose another router

It happens with a new browser? Maybe you should remove all temp data in your browser but I don’t want you remove passwords or other things.

It happens in an incognito Chrome tab, a private browsing tab on Safari on my phone, in Vivaldi on my PC, and in Edge on my PC, which I have not used before. I tried deleting temporary internet files in Windows but that didn’t make a difference.

@sergi.suarezj Edited to add: I finally got it figured out. I needed to delete the entry for the unwanted gateway from local storage in all the browsers. Thanks for your help, it’s much appreciated!

Thanks but it’s OK. I got them covered by now

For what it’s worth I also have some connectivity issues in one area of the house where a Xiaomi plug and adjacent button have weak signals. And they’re both around 3 metres from a well connected Xiaomi plug.

But as MANY users have well documented the Xiaomi plugs do not seem to act as routers. EVER… at least not when working alongside the Conbee 2.

good news; for osrams users, the firmware portal is now online, you can download firmwares here
should be able to upload with deconz, like we can do with ikea ota firmwares

not tested yet, since i sold my osrams :wink:

just wanted to share : https://update.ledvance.com/firmware-overview

6 Likes

Out of interest, how difficult is it to flash the IKEA firmware updates? Didn’t even know that was a thing…
I’ve not updated any bulbs since I ditched my hub back in April/May time…

in vnc , its easy , just select the ota file, its already present in deconz itself, then send it to your device :slight_smile:

Thanks, just checked and all apart from one of my bulbs have latest firmware already. Updated the one and worked great.

Thank you for the information! That is really great news. I have Osram Gardenpoles which every once in a while have connection issues. Maybe a firmware update can improve this.

Were you ever able to find a solution to the issue of deconz not sending states to HA anymore? I can see the correct states of my sensors in deconz but nothing goes to Home Assistant. If I restart HA, it works for a little while and then stops again until I restart once more.

still an issue for me, seems you are the 3th person reporting
please post debugs here :

I have a Hue hub with my lights connected to it.
I have a Conbee2 connected using Deconz and reading up I believed that a Hue light had to be ‘reset’ to be visible to conbee2/deconz.

Here is a cautionary tale…
I found an old Hue colour bulb (color A19) in my drawer that had never been connected to my Hue Hub v2, so I thought, let’s see what deconz integration of this bulb will be like and asked deconz to find new lights and I turned this hue bulb off and on as requested. It was found. Fine I thought… Until I found three Hue connected lights nearby had acquired entity_ids from deconz as well. The deconz web app does not show them but they are listed under devices in HA and caused me some confusion due to the entity names they acquired being the same as when they are connected to Hue - with a number suffix when they would have clashed.
I’ve had to disable the new entities in HA to keep things under control.

Should that have happened? Why are they not listed in deconz web ui.? Are more of my Hue lights likely to do the same?

Have you done a restart of HA? Because then it’s refreshing devices from phoscon… So it’s possible they would be deleted anyway

I have three lights listed in integrations under deconz. One light listed on the deconz web ui. Rebooted today as we had an update to 101.0 !

Unfortunately still in 0.101.0 there is no way to delete devices.

There is a nice feature to delete entities. When you look at an entity there is a delete function. This deleted its JSON entry from .storage/core.entity_registry

Unfortunately there is no equivalent under the devices listing or in the individual integrations. Once a device has been added to .storage/core.device_registry it stays there. The only automated way to remove a device is removing the entire integration. And that can be a pain if you have tailored some of the other devices you still want to keep.

So still the only way is to stop home assistant and remove - carefully - the entry in .storage/core.device_registry

I do not normally see any harm having a few old devices in that file. But I personally see this kind of cruft being the root of bugs and issues. And especially if you later want to add a new device and give it the same name, then you cannot because there is already a device with that name but with a different unique ID.

Really annoying. We could really use a delete button when you look at a device in the UI the same way as we can with entities.

1 Like

So an update. All 4 of my IKEA sockets have mysteriously gone offline at once and only able to get them working again by deleting and re-pairing them.
Downside to having endpoint devices routed through them - they all stop working as well until they attach themselves to another device, this time, mostly the conbee. But, once the IKEA were working again, some endpoints connected back to them

I have seen the IKEA sockets doing exactly that

I used to have 4. Now I only have 2. The last 2 have been behaving well - maybe they were firmware upgraded also.

But when I had 4 I saw several times that all 4 became unavailable and the same time. I did not have to re-pair them. All I had to do was unplug and replug them one by one and then they all worked again.

It seems like a firmware bug in the plugs triggered by the same condition because they always failed together.

I used to have many OSRAM sockets and one had older firmware. And with those I had router problems with Philips remotes - on the Philips Hue system. There are many strange combinations that can cause issues and it is not just with Deconz. You see many reports on the Zigbee2MQTT camp with people reporting devices disconnecting.

Make sure your IKEA plugs are updated to latest firmware. The good thing is that with IKEA Deconz can do it as IKEA publish their firmware

The best I did to make my entire Zigbee net stable was to replace all smart sockets except the two IKEA ones with the new Philips smartplugs. They seem rock solid on Deconz and route very well. But more expensive than IKEA. I guess you get what you pay for

what was the period? i have read somewhere before, that they go indeed offfline after a time
not sure what the ‘time’ is though, mine are stable for 2 weeks now