deCONZ - Official thread

Hi folks - I have been getting the same problem as was mentioned in this post back in October ( deCONZ - Official thread ) that basically I can pair a Sonoff BasicZBR3 (as a light) from within the Phoscon app (running as an addon to HA) however it never appears in the app and thus doesnt show up as an integrationin HA. It does however show up in VNC and the flashing light on the device turns solid to show its connected to the mesh however I cannot control it.

I managed to get one working via a combination of HA reboots, using VNC to delete the node, restarting DeConz etc and then adding the device as a light and all of a sudden it was detected ok and then all was good however this second one is now doing the same and I cannot, despite a number of restarts etc get it recognised. Any ideas or things to try (the post above mentioned adding it using the “old web app” but I have no idea how to access that or what it is?)

Thanks

Hi @Harry13 and thanks a lot for trying to help. Here’s the Hardware page from within hassio:

- serial:
  - /dev/ttyAMA0
  -/dev/ttyS0
- input:
- disk:
  - /dev/mmcblk0p8
  - /dev/mmcblk0
  - /dev/mmcblk0p5
  - /dev/mmcblk0p1
  - /dev/mmcblk0p4
  - /dev/mmcblk0p7
  - /dev/mmcblk0p2
  - /dev/mmcblk0p6
  - /dev/mmcblk0p3
- gpio:
  - gpiochip0
  - gpiochip100
  - gpiochip504
- audio:
  - 0:
    - name: bcm2835_alsa - bcm2835 ALSA
    - type: ALSA
    - devices:
      - [object Object]
      - [object Object]
      - [object Object]

I’ve also essentially lost root access to -p 22222 after the crash. Reloading authorized .ssh keys via usb-stick and hassio>>load from USB doesn’t result in me given access. I might have to set up a linux VM again to get rw access to /boot on the sdcard again.

I’m thinking I have to re-set the settings for the pi4 and serial, but the errors thrown doesn’t indicate anything of the sort. Oh well, one thing at a time.

Suggestions?

Hi,

Sorry im new to home assistant/hass.io so my description of the problem might not be the best but any help would be appreciated.

I can see the zigbee sensor (tuya zigbee) when I plug the conbee into the windows machine with the deconz windows app but in both windows and hassio I cannot add items or see them in the web gui, any ideas?

I’ve flashed new new fiarware using Windows and running rpi4 and deconz dosent show any errors and it’s connected to hassio on the integrations page.

Well your RaspBee is /dev/ttyAMA0
Did you use the SSH web terminal addon

Try with port 2222

@Burningstone It is not related to this addon. It is related to the
marthoc addon.

hey all,
as asked before
what is this: “Allow deCONZ CLIP sensors”

also, ive connected my philips hue motion sensor, however once motion is “detected” it NEVER changes back again? its just stuck “on” always

For some reason deconz (installed as hass.io addon) is not showing up as integration in Configuration -> Integrations. Any idea why and how to fix this?

I have discovery: in my configuration.yaml:

Copy to clipboard

discovery:
  ignore:
    - samsung_tv
    - apple_tv

I’m sorry, I didn’t know that there are multiple addons for hass.io as I’m not using it in my production environment.

It is possible to use double tap (Ikea Tradfri) with Deconz in an automation?

Which specific model are you using?

1 Like

The Trådfri remotes do not support double tab events. They have long press events though. You can see on https://github.com/dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin/wiki/Supported-Devices#supported-wireless-switches the list of supported switches and there is a table of events. You are looking for double tap which is code x004

The table of switches or remotes then lists the events supported. And the Ikea switches have no 4 listed.

You could make some automation hack that starts a 1 second timer and if the event comes while timer is active you take action. Possible but quite a hack. Long press is a better strategy if you have not already used it

2 Likes

The auto created Deconz light groups are unavailable since the update of 0.104.0. Anyone facing the same problems?

1 Like

Yes, this is an unwanted side effect from me normalising the bridged in the integration. I didn’t realise that the deconz groups unique ids where based on the bridgeid

2 Likes

I now manually created light groups, but the slider entity row doesn’t support group entity’s, unfortunately. Not sure what to do now…

Have the same issue after the upgrade to 104 - all deconz entities, groups etc. became unavailable, but was able to manage everything from Deconz UI. Played a bit with the config, tried restoring Deconz addon from the backup - didn’t help.

Then opened Integrations tab and found that Deconz integration is discovered but not enabled, enabling this restored all settings immediately.

1 Like

@Robban but is there anything those can do who havent upgraded yet or us this simply a given issue in current system/setup.

The only thing would be to shut down hass update the groups unique ids (a simple search and replace) and then upgrade hass

To those that already have the problem here is the step by step to get you back in shape.

It is a an improved version of a posting I did earlier in 0.104: Sentry, Signal Messenger, IntesisHome, Sure Petcare, KEF

To fix the deconz specific issue do this in this exact order.

Go to the Integrations page and open the Deconz Integration. You now see all your deconz devices listed. You can easily see the duplicate light groups as two lights with same name. First will be the old and 2nd is the new.

Walk through each duplicated group and click on the first device to open the device setting screen
This should list the entities and there should be only 1 for a deconz group
Verify that it has an entity associated with it not ending with _2
Click on the small gearwheel to edit the entiry
Delete this entity (delete link in lower left corner of the popup window). This is only enabled if the device is not available.
Back in the device view click on the gearwheel at the upper right corner of the screen to edit the device name.
Give this old group Device (not entity - device!!) to a name that we can later find. I called mine the old group name appended by crap (that was my mood in the situation). Use a string that is unique
Go back to the list of devices and open the other new duplicate group device
Rename the associated entity to same name but remove the _2

Note that you have to delete the old entity first before you can rename the new _2 because you cannot rename to an existing name.

Do this with all the duplicate groups.

In principle all works now. But you still have some old “cruft” devices in the core.device_registry that you cannot delete from any user interface. I am sure that will haunt you again in future and can cause more duplication to occur. The only way to delete deconz devices is to hack the JSON file

So next steps are…

Stop Home Assistant to avoid hacking live data.

Go to .storage and save a backup of core.device_registry

Now open the core.device_registry in a text editor and search for that name you appended to the old devices (crap in my case).

Now carefully delete the entire JSON object that contains this crap device. Be careful with the commas. Especially if it is the last member you delete. There can be no trailing comma in the list. That is why we saved a backup in case we goof up. Hacking JSON is horrible but it is the only way because Home Assistant still has no user interface for deleting devices.

To the deconz integration developer. I will love you forever if you add a delete link similar to the one presented for entities when you open the gearwheel link for the deconz devices. And it would be best if it is not enabled until you have deleted all the associated entities. The users need this when you remove a device from your deconz. E.g. when a bulb goes broken and you replace it.

1 Like