deCONZ - Official thread

This somewhat worked for me. Did all this, it still created _2 for the groups… but the regular group kept working. Removed all the _2 groups (were unavailable anyway), got it to work now. Thanks!

Seems to be fixed in 0.104.2

I’ve pushed fixes for both reported issues. Both are part of 0.104.2

3 Likes

Just upgraded straight to 0.104.2. Haven’t had the problem with duplicated groups.

Does it matter that the groups from the deconz integration still have the four "F"s in device-registry file after the upgrade?

Thanks for providing such a quick fix!

The fix keeps the old base for group unique id which will then have those four F

Robban

I can confirm that the issue with device_refresh is fixed. My house no longer self destructs (and flushes toilet) when I run the service

Thanks a lot for the the follow ups and the quick fix.

3 Likes

But the question on everyone’s lips is how how have you automated the toilet flush :grin:

I will answer that. It takes time to prepare because you will ask for details and source code so I will need the weekend to take pictures etc.

But I will be happy to share everything with you

While you wait here is a teaser :slight_smile:

7 Likes

This is f*** awesome :sunglasses: I love the buttons “pee”, “poo” :rofl:

Thanks for using it and your time supporting the other users

and fart is really great as well :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Newbie question here :

I’m running Deconz in Docker over Ubuntu server (so headless),

What means Host field on the container line.
Portainer tells me that the addon_core_deconz IP is 172.30.33.2, settings this IP doesn’t make sens to me neither can I access it with my VNC client.
Can someone explain me what to do with it so that I can access the deconz UI using VNC.

Thanks

Answering myself, I just had to put the Ubuntu hostname not the IP (and restart deConz container).

It’s something very confusing, I had trouble figuring this out myself…

Actually you need to enter a port number there, aka which port do you want to map to the containers port

You’re right, 5900 if you don’t want to change anything to the usual VNC port… Seems the devs has to change the way it is shown.

Did not worked… I followed tutorial step by step, but my deconz groups got duplicated :frowning:
Strangely, after starting hassio again after update, I still can see groups with FFFF in the middle, but apparently recreated from scratch, since they are added now at the very bottom of registry files. This leads me to conclusion, that it is not enogh to stop hassio before editing registry, but also deconz add-on need to be shut down (I only stopped home assistant) - I think this is the reason why I got these entries recreated.

EDIT: I restored entire hassio from snapshot and repeated the process, this time making sure that also deconz is not running. The same result, unfortunatelly, all the groups are duplicated.
Side effect, most of my motion sensors started to be unreachable :frowning: I’d not blame hassio update for this though, since also phoscon does not see these.

BTW, not sure if it makes difference, but I’m updating from, 0.103.6 directly to 0.104.2

Upgrading from before 0.104 to 0.104.2 has fixed the groups so you don’t need to do anything

Yeap… can confirm… I finally restored configuration from snapshot back to 0.103.6 and upgraded to 0.104.2 without any modifications in registry and everything seems to be fine!

1 Like

I switched over from zigbee2mqtt as I wanted to move away from MQTT and I prefer the integration on the deCONZ add-in. I’m using a Conbee II and I notice that the range is significantly worse than before, to the extent that several of my sensors will not connect and others are unreliable.
I’ve tried switching channels, and using a router but this not improved it.
To be fair, my previous stick had an external antenna, which may account for the difference. Also, my house is quite large, with concrete walls and floors.
Has anyone any thoughts on improving the range or has anyone tried an external antenna on the Conbee II?

Thanks!

How many mains powered devices do you have and what brand/model? What are the end devices that cause problems? Could be that they don’t connect to nearby routers, Xiaomi ones are known for that.
Did you try putting the conbee on an usb 2.0 extension cable?