Deconz - OTA Files on Managed Hass OS

Hello! Basically what the title says. I have the deconz add in with a Conbee II. I want to do an OTA update to my Lutron Aurora’s to roll back their firmware from Deconz in Home Assistant. This seems very simple as I have the OTA file but I cannot, for the life of me (and honestly it’s been 6hrs with 0 progress), figure out how one is supposed to get an OTA file into the same folders as Deconz. I think it’s in another container but I don’t understand how to deal with this. I use the “managed os” version of HA on a RazPI4

I am not a power user, I’m a simple guy who just wanted to put his lights on one box and apparently my switches need to rollback firmware and that has proved impossible.

Replying to my own topic because I think I figured it out after 6 hours. This is probably super obvious to the program types around here!

Okay so what I had to do is first use Samba to get the file onto the Pi from my Windows PC. This part is pretty easy and suggest just following the configuration directions for Samba in the addons. Make sure to configure a UN/Pass.

After that find “SSH & Web Terminal”. Configure a UN/Password a guided (also this app won’t let you use a lazy password, it checks it against leaked passwords, see log if it seems like it keeps shutting itself down). Once thats ready to go you can use a docker command to copy from the root file system to the Container holding Deconz. This command was like

docker cp /share/auroafirmware.ota addon_core_deconz:data/

for me.

You can probably use this to get files into any container you need. This was super hard for me to figure out so I hope it helps another newbie to all this out there.

Thanks, @robertgetch! I managed to get the file into the proper folder. After hitting update, however, there’s no indication any updating is happening. In the progress column, there’s one line that says Idle while the rest say No File. My assumption was that the Idle line would start some sort of progress, but I don’t know whether that’s accurate. Do you remember what happened after hitting update on your end?

Maybe! So from Deconz you activate the OTA checkbox from the plugins menu. Then you’ll get a new box. Click the node you want to update on the right and then in the menu you’ll want to select the update file with the elipsies.

Then you want to click update and hopefully it starts going. I found the damn thing to be very finicky and I have 20 of them, sometimes clicking query would help, sometimes they liked to hang, and they also sometimes went painfully slow. Sometimes they would have to e reconnected and the update tried again after a Deconz restart. After a while I got them all though.

Once y

Screenshot 2021-11-29 091812

Thank you, @robertgetch, it did eventually show the update progression.

I was able to downgrade to 3.4. I then re-paired the device and restarted the deconz integration, but could still not get any events out of this thing so I decided to try my luck with ZHA. ZHA registered everything right away and, from what I understand, would even work with the 3.8 firmware (although I’m not counting my chicken’s until I try the button I haven’t downgraded yet).

Cool! I might try ZHA someday, I hear it’s great but I have everything setup on Deconz now so I feel like changing is to hard. If I had known that before I would have switched to ZHA cause the updates took me days to complete. The aurora button for me has to be setup in Deconz to work so it’s not very ideal anyway… Another weekend.

Good luck!