deCONZ VNC ist not working

Hey guys,
I installed deCONZ directly via the supervisor add-on. But I can only open the Phoscon web app.
Trying to open a vnc session only ends in an endless loading :frowning:

It is also not possible to open the Gateway menu in the Phoscon web app, so I could not create a backup of the current devices.

This is the actual configuration:

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi!
I have the same problem as you for vnc.

If I try to access vnc from deconz, by clicking deCONZ here:

… I end up with this screen forever:

And if try to access from the Mac vnc-viewer, I get the same result as you.

I can however help you with accessing the gateway page:

1. Enter menu in deconz
  2. Help
  3. Open Wireless Light Control (2016)
  4. Login
  5. Enter menu
  6. Gateway
  7. Remove the character “2” after “settings-gateway” in the url.
  8. Done!
1 Like

Thank you so much. I can open the gateway now and download an actual backup :slight_smile:

I run Deconz on bare metal and not as Addon. And I have no problem with the settings-gateway2 URL.

deCONZ does not work for me on Safari but this is most likely a browser issue because switching to Chrome has worked for me.

1 Like

Exactly. Accessing the gateway menu is a problem while using the Safari browser. Using Google Chrome works fine. Also the web based vnc is working while using Chrome.
Thank you for your help :smiley: :+1:

I do not think it is just a browser issue.
I do get a bit different results using different browsers, but there might be something deeper in HA’s /raspberrys way to handle addresses it gives to devices and/ or with sll.

I cannot track down the issue in specific, but few things I have tried/ noticed:

Some time again there was change in deconz addon, I do not recall which version, but then in the Configuration there were as a new feature (in my case) 2 addresses to be chosen for deconz device (in my case ConbeeII), which was not the case earlier. Earlier i think they had to be set manually(?)

These addresses were:

/dev/ttyAMA0

and

/dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE2252230-if00

However, before the change the address the stick used, was
/dev/ttyACM0

Well today, after updating the core from 2022.9.4 to 2022.9.5 there seemed to be some kind of conflict with devices addresses. Mys ESPHome showed 502 Bad gatewy and just as posted here, deconz VNC was not working, even though I could get to the Phoscon App. Not with all the browesers I haver, though

I sorted the ESPHome issue by turning off the SSL, since quite often it seems to be the case that after updates ssl seems to be a bit lost at some time

What comes to deconz, I edited the configuration in yaml mode and changed the device address to the original

/dev/ttyACM0

…and it started to work again with no issues. Even though this address is not even listed in the hardware section of HA and not offered by deconz configuration

After that I turned ssl back on in ESPHome and it worked again, too.

After this i changed deconz address back to

/dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE2252230-if00

…and it works again.

Something with either ssl or internal device addresses??? Something requiring time before things start to operate again?

I recall, however cannot be sure, that I had something similar earlier as well, and it just took some time to settle, and the problem suddenly went away?