deCONZ - Xiaomi Aqara MFKZQ01LM Cube Controller

Never mind… did a reboot of hassio all seems to work right now…

I have the same problem. In the states on the developer page it only says “binary_sensor.cube_158d0002a6f758”. It is the Aqara Cube connected over a Xiaomi Gateway. Even without this Blueprint, I have the problem that only “rotation” is recognized, not clockwise or counter clockwise. The other gestures seem to work.
I have the Xiaomi Integration installed and the Cube showed up as this binary sensor after I added it in my Android Xiaomi Mi Home App. Do I have to “install” the cube somewhat differently?

This blueprint is for using the cube with the deCONZ integration. In your post I read you use the Xiaomi integration, so it makes sense that this blueprint does not work with your install.

1 Like

Correct, I use the Xiaomi integration. Can I use the deCONZ Integration in parallel to the Xiaomi integration? Or does the deCONZ integration support all Xiaomi components… porpably not…

Thanks this thread helped me a lot in making automations in NR. I however have one thing that I can’t seem to get to work. Both clockwise and counterclockwise don’t seem to register in the event listener.

All other events that I have tested (like slide, double tap, flip, shake) work fine. I’d love to know if and how the (counter)clockwise features work and how to get them to work. Anyone has an idea?

1 Like

Did you manage to work out the rotations? I’m stuck there.

Well yes and no, it actually started working after a while. I was playing around just spinning the cube clockwise and counterclockwise while I had the event viewer open. It started out of nowhere and has worked ever since

Sorry I can’t be of better help here.

OK. I think I have worked it out!

It seems that the Cube is actually two separate devices, and when it is paired, it needs to be a made into a compound device. To do this, it seems to be important during pairing to use both flip moves and rotations to make sure that all the different ‘switches’ are detected.

Hm I am guessing you are using something else than deconz then? Since I only have a single device and did not need to do anything special to make it work.

I’m also in Deconz, using the Phoscon web app for setup … I guess it might just depend if the two different types of signals were sent during pairing.

Try to re-pair the device and then open the event viewer in HA. Then just spin the cube around (not too fast, but just like you normally would) after a few tries it showed up for me (read a few minutes).

Might or might not work, not sure, but that’s how I got it to work.

Thanks for doing this. It works really well.

Hi all,

First of all thanks for making this blueprint available!
But I do have some challanges, maybe somebody is willing to help me, I can’t get my head around it.

When I use the code in the BP of the cube, only dimmer light on (100%) and off is working, setting it to 5% doesn’t seem to work.
When I do the same in a smart switch it is working…

blueprint cube:

- id: '1639308180919'
  alias: Cube salon
  description: ''
  use_blueprint:
    path: wmn79/deconz-xiaomi-aqara-mfkzq01lm-cube-controller.yaml
    input:
      remote: 5aa84564554cf18169937cab77c5f8f5
      rotate_cw:
      - type: turn_on
        device_id: 8dfc9864da248dcbfe3affff8a4455ce
        entity_id: switch.dimmer_salon
        domain: switch
      flip_90: []
      rotate_ccw:
      - type: turn_off
      double_tap:
      - service: light.turn_on
        target:
          entity_id: light.dimmer_salon
        data:
          brightness_pct: 5

blueprint smart switch:

- id: '1639334021460'
  alias: Salon verlchting
  description: ''
  use_blueprint:
    path: sp3cialck/deconz-xiaomi-aqara-wxkg11lm-smart-wireless-mini-switch.yaml
    input:
      button_press_in:
      - type: toggle
      button_double_press:
      - service: light.turn_on
        target:
          entity_id: light.dimmer_salon
        data:
          brightness_pct: 5
      remote: 9210f155ddd5d82a196d135341d4761f

what can I try to solve it?

Thanks in advance, knigthcourt

Hey, thanks a lot for that Blueprint. Just curiouse if what i have in mind would be possible with the deconz integration. Could you trigger different things while roating depending on which side the cube is on ?

For e.g.:
if you have it on Side 1 it’s controlling light and turning it will increase or degress brightness or on Side 2 it starts Music and you can then adjust the volume with the same gesture.

Hope that makes sense. Thanks

When I last tried that on DeConz it would not work. But I can tell you that it works great with Zigbee2MQTT and a C2652.
Pairing with DeConz took several attempts to „collect“ most of the cube’s features

1 Like

How about events like “‘Rotate from side 3’ event for ‘Side 5’”? They show in log but i see no event codes.

Sorry to revive an old thread - thanks for this blueprint.

I’m having a more fundamental issue - getting the magic cube to even pair with deconz, using Conbee II. It shows as a light (on/off), despite being lumi.remote.cagl02 in Phoscon app.

Has anyone experienced this or have any advice?

Just thank you.
This blueprint works great for me. And I tried 5 differents blueprints where my cube never showed up on the device list.
Now I can use my cube again !